Chapter Thirty: More People

Peter's POV

After we got back home, we all went tense at the new smells all around us.

"Are new people joining the pack?"

I look at Jake, but he looks just as confused as me. "I don't know, babe, but let's go check it out, okay?"

August goes up to his room to take a nap. It's been a really long day for him.

Jake grabs my hand and we follow the different scents to his father's office.

We knock then walk in, seeing six new possible members. I think.

"Ah, son, we were just about to go fetch you. These sweet youngsters want to join the pack. I need you to make sure they're good."

Jake nods and grabs my hand for me to follow him behind his father's desk. Alpha is sitting down at his desk, while Luna Asha is on his left side, so Jake and I stand on his right.

I look around at the people who look around our age, maybe older.

Alpha has two chairs in front of his desk, so a girl with brown hair and bright blue eyes is sitting down with another girl with two different colored eyes on her lap. A boy is behind them, he has his hands on the shoulders of the girl with blue eyes. The girl with two different colored eyes is an omega, the other girl is a beta, and the boy is an alpha. They all have a mating mark on each side of their neck, so I think all three are mated to each other.

In the other chair, a boy, an omega like me, with bright orange-red hair and red-brown eyes sits with his back straight, and it looks like he's glaring just a tad. Beside him is his maybe mate. I don't see a mating mark, but they look they're together. I think he's a beta, but he seems very alpha-like. Maybe he's one of those alpha-like-betas. He has short hair on the top of his head, and a beard and mustache. His skin is dark, and his eyes are a golden-brown color.

In the back corner, there is a man with dark skin and light blue eyes. He also has a stubble mustache and beard. I can't see his hair since he's wearing a beanie, but it looks pretty normal from what I can tell.

They all are so pretty.

"Hello, I'm Jake Ardell, and this is my mate Peter Rushe." They tense a little at my last name, but quickly go back to normal. "We are the future Luna and Alpha of this pack. Why should we let you join? We have no spare houses unless you would want to build one or have an RV if some kind. You would have to live at the pack house, but we have plenty of room here. Why should we let you join? And are you a threat?"

The girl with two different colored eyes looks down at my belly and turns to whisper into her mates ear. Her mate looks down at her, and she whispers a short 'soon'. They're mate looks down at them like he knows what they're talking about, smiling.

The omega boy speaks up, sitting up straighter than before, "Trust us, we do not want to cause any harm. We just want a place to be safe. Our last pack was very dangerous, so we left. He Luna and Alpha were not good people. We've been trying to get into another pack for awhile now, but no one is letting us in. Please, let us join."

All of their eyes plead at me, all of them. I bite my lip, and before Jake can get anything out, I talk, "Of course you can! But we're going to have know your names first."