Scarf (1#)

Newt leaves Tina a small warming gift

Tina hated winter.No, she absolutely loathed them.Its cold and frosty and especially when she stepped outside MACUSA it felt like her nose was going to fall off.

She sat comfortably in the comfort of her living room with heaters and her sister's warm cocoa. The only small luxury she had in the blasting winters of New York. But even in the cold midst she thought of a certain ginger haired english man.

Tina had grown quite fond of the brit. She had forgave him of his idiotic shenanigans, and somewhat missed him. That warm fuzzy feeling in Tina's chest was more obnoxious then the snow storm outside. She felt incomplete and longed for the same wanderlust she felt when she was around him. Tina sighed, a puff of white smoke came out of her mouth. Months have passed since his departure from New York.Tina had grown a nagging doubt that he was never going to come back.

Her thoughts were rudely interrupted by a tapping at her window. She looked outside to see a brown shivering owl.Tina rushed to the window silt and opened it, she owl flew in settling itself on the top of the Goldstein fireplace. She saw a small note attached to the poor thing. She took it carefully , receiving a peck on her hand as she did. She opened the letter warily.

Dear Propentina Goldstein

We summon you to an urgent meeting in MACUSA to discuss about the current escapee: Mason Tydings , an active and dangerous supporter of Grindelwald.

Madame Piquery

Tina gasped, she wasted no time changing into her work clothes and heavy jacket. She quickly said farewell to the owl who decided to crash in her living room. She sped down the stairs of her apartment, not realizing she had left her wool scarf on the fireplace.

She apparrated to MACUSA, she mumbled the level to Red who seemed shivering in cold atmosphere.When she had arrived there she saw the rest of the Arours and Madame President sitting in the middle with a displeased face.

"Thank you for joining us Ms.Goldstein. Please take a seat." Madame President spoke. Her voice stoned and drenched with worry.Tina scurried to a seat near the far end of the long table.

...

Tina groaned as she walked down the streets of New York, it was almost 6. The clouds darkened and loomed over, brewing a storm of horrible cold sniffles.Tina shivered and sniffed.She had mentally slapped herself for forgetting her scarf , and now she felt like frost bite was crawling up her neck. She was worn out and stressed from the workload Madame President had assigned her with, she was glad to be apart of the mission but was slowly dying as the work poured in.

She stiffly moved in the crowded streets of workers and business men.She felt uncomfortable, she couldn't apparrate to her apartment so she was stuck with walked like a deranged monkey there. Tina's vision blurred as she slow breaths came out.She bumped into a rather warm figure in her path.

"Tina?" A quiet and kind voice said.She looked up to see a freckled filled face she could stare at for hours.Kaleidoscopic eyes that made her feet wobble and a mess of ginger hair she just wanted to run her hands through.

"N-Newt?" She asked, perplexed.Her body balanced shifted and she stumbled on to him.Her face warmed as she flushed a noticeable red,

"Tina? T-Tina, are you alright.?" He asked concerned as a half conscious Goldstein stumbled onto him.He noticed she was cold and shivering.He quickly wrapped his hufflepuff scarf around her neck up to her nose.

Tina felt everything around her brush away in an instant.Being against Newt and wrapped in his scarf seemed like a lucid dream.Her breathing steadied and her face warmed, his scarf was so comfy and warm. It smelled like grass and ink in a way, she adored it.Newt gave a small smile when he saw Tina's face retrieve its original color.He had to think she looked somewhat cute, huddling his scarf and being adorable. When Tina met his gaze his eyes averted away, she was too cute.

"I'm sorry.." Tina whispered she blushed scarlet when Newt heard her, his ears reddened.

"Tina no, don't be sorry you did nothing wrong. Lets go back to your apartment." He announced as he grabbed her gently by the arm and led her to a small alley. The apparrated and was greeted by a livid Queenie.

"Newt? Teenie? Wha in Merlin-"

"Sorry for the interruption Queenie.Tina needs a break and some cocoa." Newt spoke. Queenie's eyes lit up as she led both of them to the couch.She sat both of them down and popped a blanket over them.She grabbed Newt's suit case."I'll take care of it Mr.Scamander, keep my sister company will ya?" She grinned as she headed off to her room.Newt blushed feeling Tina slightly bob her head on his arm.He saw her droopy eyed with short sniffles.

"Tina, I think you should sleep." He whispered to her.He gave most of the blanket to her and set down her cocoa on the coffee table.She groaned

"I have an...Important mission from...Piquery..Let me go Newt-" she said halfway through her yawn. Newt awkwardly shifted his hand around her.Her eyes slowly closed as she let out a tired breath.She finally rested under Newt's arm.Newt smiled, he adored this woman so much but he just couldn't let out the words to tell her.He set down the book he was hoping to give her on the coffee table next to her cocoa.

"Fantastic Beasts and where to Find Them. Thank you, Tina." He mummered. His eyes felt heavy as well, he looked at Tina and thought he wanted this more often. Just being around her gave him such happiness , she made him forget all his problems and worries in a second. Leta never gave him this much happiness in just a touch. Tina was all he ever wanted, and he intended to make her his.

...

Queenie was happy for her sister as she saw both of them cuddling on the sofa.She smiled happily as she looked at the book on the table and the still warm cocoa.She slipped something in Newt's pocket with a note.

Tell me when the wedding happens, its definitely her style.

Queenie

She never knew that small gift she left Newt, would make an entire new portion of a family.And a new happy ending for the Scamaders