6

It's now Thursday. Of course my mom has another appointment, I feel as if she lives at the doctors office now. Her appointment is scheduled right when I get home from school, which sucks because I wanted to see her before she went. She let me know Charlie and my dad would be home before I left for school this morning.

School is almost over and my thoughts during my last class of the day were interrupted by my phone buzzing.

Austin: Hey, after school?

I sighed hard before replying.

Me: What do you mean?

Austin: Do you want to hangout after school?

Before I replied no, he offered us to chill at his place. I was originally going to say no because my house wouldn't be empty of all the other occupants.

Me: Hm sure. Meet you out in the parking lot when the bell rings.

There was only 5 minutes until the bell rang and during those minutes I couldn't help to think about Austin. I don't know that much about him and we are in a relationship. He knows so much about me, it's like he's more interested in who I am. He's never interested in talking about himself like he should every so often. I can ask him how his day was and all he says is that it was great and gets into detail about mine. It's like he's hiding stuff from me.

Those 5 minutes went quick, wow. The bell rang and I gathered my notes and rushed out of the door, pulling my fall colored dress down to my knees. Since I was sitting down it had shifted up my legs a bit.

I made it to my car and saw Austin waiting for me. He was leaning against his truck, looking as good as he always does without even trying.

I walked up to him and he quickly skimmed the lot for people, then pulled me close by the waist.

"Well hello to you too," I smiled and pecked his lips.

His grip tightened and he kissed back with more than just a peck, but I didn't do the same. I pulled my head back a little, in fear of somebody watching from their car.

Austin groaned deeply, "let's go. Follow me in your car and I'll cook us up something to eat."

I smiled and got into my car and threw my bag and books in the passenger seat.

He pulled his truck out first and I followed him right behind. Ive never been to his house before. I know about where it's at but never been directly there. From what he says, it's one of the newer, bigger houses here in town.

I skim my surroundings and it looks like we're in the rich part of the neighborhood. I'm not even being over dramatic. There's houses with huge driveways and yards, some even have multiple garages. Some houses have tall windows that reach up to the ceiling.

Austin pulls into a driveway, obviously it's his.

I didn't know whether to pull my car into the driveway also or to park on the street, Austin must've saw my hesitation cause he motioned for me to pull in when he stepped out of his truck.

I parked my car and grabbed my phone and keys, walking around to him.

"This...is yours?" I looked up at the house and admired it.

"Yes ma'am," he replied and grabbed my hand.

"You live on the rich west side. I thought you lived near me," I questioned.

"I do live near you. You're only a few minutes away. At the stop sign, you take a left to get here. To get to your house, you take a right. Not that far," he told me and I walked up the pathway to the door by his side.

"You bought this yourself?"

He unlocked the door before answering, "no, I got money from my dad."

I looked at him confusingly, knowing that he told me his dad passed away.

That thought faded as I looked around at the high ceilings and comforting home.

Then it came back, "I thought your dad passed away Austin."

He walked to the left where the living room was and sat on the leather couch. "He did."

I stayed standing up, looking down at him. "Then how did he give you money.. How did you help him on the ranch a few days ago?"

Austin laughed a bit before replying. I almost felt a little dumb by this honestly. "Dakota," he laughed a little. He grabbed my hand and gently pulled me down next to him. "I inherited money from my dad. He owned a business. And I didn't help him. I helped my step dad."

I really am dumb, no shocker there. "Then.. huh? You call your step dad 'dad'?"

"Yes Dakota. My dad died a while ago and I've gotten close to my moms new husband that I call him dad," he explained. "Is that weird?"

"No! No, it's not weird. I just..I don't know. I thought you were lying to me or something. I don't know, I'm over thinking it I guess," I looked down at my hands in my lap.

"It's all good," he said. I looked at him, trying to not blush. "Dakota...does any of your friends know?"

"What?"

"Does any of your friends know about us. Being together. I know it's technically legal and all but I'm afraid if somebody knows, it'll get to the district somehow and that's where it becomes illegal," I was taken by surprise from this. Mostly because it was a reminder of the lie I had told him about my age.

"I-uhm, no I haven't told anyone," I choked on my words a little bit even though it was the truth. I haven't even mentioned the fact that I find my teacher attractive to my best friend.

"Okay. Just making sure. What are you hungry for?" He got up and walked across the hall way into the kitchen. It was a big open area. The kitchen and living room were connected, just across from each other. Lots of sunlight came in through the windows.

"What do you have to offer?" I smiled and entered the kitchen area. The counters were a granite and everything else was white. It was very modern-like.

"Oh, trust me, I have a lot to offer," the look on his face was definitely the look you give when what you just said was meant the other way.

He was close now, hands on my hips. I brought my hands up to his hair.

"Yeah? Like what?" I said very lowly in his ear.

That sent him over the edge and next thing I knew, I was on the counter top with Austin between my legs and kissing my neck softly.