3

One month later.

My car is fixed so no more rides from Mr G. Or Austin as he likes me to call him. Which I'm kind of glad, getting in and out of his truck is hard.

My mom keeps going to doctors appointments to see what's going on with her. Apparently it's hard to tell and they're concerned. Her pains getting worse in her breast and comes and goes, so I've been having most of my time watching over her and making sure she's okay.

Other than that, the other time is spent thinking about is Austin. Even in his class, I sit there and stare at him. I haven't been paying attention much in his class. History is boring anyways, in my opinion.

We talk a lot after class and after school because we meet in the parking lot. Always talking about random things that didn't seem interesting before but they do now that he brought them up.

I noticed the flirtation going on when we talk after class and after school and it makes me feel happy. I don't know why...

Right now I'm staring off into space waiting for the rest of the day to be over.

"Dakota," Austin said and startled me. I looked around and nobody was in class. I'm assuming class ended and everyone left.

"Yeah? Sorry," I apologized and grabbed my stuff.

As I was beginning to leave his class, he put his hand on my lower back and the other on my arm, pulling me toward him. He was leaning against one of the tables and I was standing.

"You need to stop," Austin said.

"Stop what?" I was confused at this point. He was being strange. Very strange.

"Stop staring at me the way you do. It makes me wanna do this-"

Both of his hands were holding my face as he gently kissed my lips. Strangely, I didn't want to pull away. It felt good. It felt like something I've needed and haven't had. But it felt rushed.

I kissed back, but not for long. I grabbed his hands and pulled away. "What are you doing?"

"I-I don't know. I just.. it felt good," he said in a low voice. He was a little more to my level but not much, because he's leaning on the table.

"You're my teacher-"

"I know but don't act like you didn't want it, I see the way you look at me Dakota," he explained. But I didn't deny it because it's true. He really is attractive and super sweet and understanding. But he's my teacher.

He stepped closer to me and now I was the one leaning against the table behind me. "Dakota, I'm not crazy for saying this. I really like you. I know we've only got to know each other for a month but I really think you're a cool person. And even though you're my student, you're 18, right?"

I'm not 18. I turn 18 after senior year. So I have about 7 months left until then..

"Um yeah," I lied. Lying is starting to stick to me.

"See? It's not illegal. We just can't have any type of relationship during school," he explained. He put his hands on my waist. "Please, can we try it out? I'm not going to force you into anything you don't want to do. If you don't want this, this will be the last time I ask."

I looked up at him this time, "this is the first time you ask, what do you mean?"

"Exactly. It's the first. But it'll be the last if you don't want this. I'm not the dick that keeps pushing a girl. I want you to be comfortable with me, not creeped out."

After all, he's only 5 years older than me. That's not bad, right?

"Okay," I sighed.

"Dakota," he lifted my chin up. "You sighed. I'm not forcing you into anything. And you said 'okay'. If you don't want anything with me at all, tell me please."

"I want this," I said. It was final. I guess we're together?

"Okay," he smiled.

His hands slid down my waist to my thighs, hooking on the back of them. He lifted me onto the table I was leaning against.

"Wait," I said and put a hand on his chest. "Don't you teach a class right now? Where are your students?"

"I have 2nd as an off period. So no students," he reassured me.

He continued what he was doing and stood between my legs, he kissed my neck a few times, sucking a little bit not too much to where he'd give me a hickey.

I opened my mouth a little then bit my lip, trying to hold a moan back. "Austin.."

He kissed me slowly then sped up. I felt his tongue ask for entrance but I didn't let him in.

"I have to go home, my moms going to worry. She's home sick," I sighed and sat up. He didn't back away though.

"Is she okay?" He asked me.

"I don't know. She had another appointment today so I should find out what's going on," I said and jumped off the table.

"If you need anything text me," he told me.

I looked at him side ways a little. "I can't-"

"Oh right, here. I'll put my number in your phone," he said. I dug for my phone in my bag and gave it to him.

"There ya go," he gave it back. "I'll see you Monday, right?"

"Yeah," I smiled. He hugged me tight and I hugged him back, with my face against his chest, taking in his scent that I'm obsessed with.

I left the classroom and walked to my car, when I got in I found myself smiling. Just at the thought of him. Shelly's going to flip when she finds out- wait. I can't tell her. Shes my best friend and everything but she'll let it slip, I know she will.

I brushed the thought off and sped home to see my mother.

I parked and walked up to the house, the door was unlocked and that was convenient for me.

"Mom?" I called out. I walked up the stairs and set my bag on my bed and walked to my parents room.

"Hey mom, how you feeling?" I asked her and sat by her on her bed.

"They put me on medication," she whispered and stared at the bathroom door.

My heart began to race and I started to worry a lot. "What's wrong?"

The tears left my moms green eyes and my heart broke. "Mom, tell me what's going on. Are you okay?"

I stood up, kneeling by her side. She reached for my hand and held it with both of hers. "I have breast cancer."

Suddenly, my world seemed to collapse into tiny pieces.