4

Read this so you're not lost and questing a billion times lol
You will probably be confused, most of those who have already read this chapter were. Just gonna say that Austin mentions his dad passed and in this chapter he says he got a phone call from his dad and YES. his dad IS dead. Just read carefully in the next chapters, things are explained.

Thank you <3

Saturday.
I woke up at 10 a.m. today, which was really not normal for me. I went to sleep crying and woke up with a wet pillow.

As I walked into the bathroom I noticed my eyes. My eyes were red and puffy and my whole face looked swollen.

I looked out one of the front windows and saw that my mom was gone but my dad was here.

"Dad?" I called out while walking into my parents room. He walked out of my parents big closet.

"Yes, Dakota?" I noticed him struggling to button up his shirt.

I sat down on their bed, "Where's mom?"

My dads blue eyes fell to the floor, "she's at another doctors appointment. To get more information and answers about the..cancer. To see if we can fight this."

There I go again. It really felt like every fluid left my body through my eyes. My dad hugged me and his shirt was soaked with my tears. "It's going to be okay. I promise you that, okay? I'm going to go to the appointment right now. Stay here and house sit. We shouldn't be back for a few hours."

I nodded my head and left, wiping my eyes. I noticed my brother wasn't in his room nor down stairs.  I ignored it and went back to my room.

I picked up my phone and saw that Austin had texted me at 8 a.m.

A-Good morninggg!

Me-Hey..

A-What's wrong? Why the dots?

Me-Can you come over in 20 min? I need someone to talk to.

A-Of course. Need anything before I come over?

Me-Lots of tissues :(

I went downstairs and sat at the kitchen table, I looked down at what I was wearing. I had a pair of purple pajama shorts on and a black tank top and for some reason I don't remember putting this on.

"See you later, Dakota," my dad kissed my head and left. I heard his car start and the sound of it faded as he drove off.

It's been about 15 minutes since I texted Austin. I decided to get up and go to the living room and I fell onto the couch and got comfortable. But as soon as I got comfortable the door bell rang.

I opened the door and saw Austin standing there with a box of tissues in one hand and a brown paper bag in the other. I also noticed his clothes. He looked more casual today with blue jeans and a red long sleeve shirt that was pushed up to his elbows.

He came inside and I locked the door after him.

"I brought you some breakfast just in case you were hungry," he handed me the bag and it smelt so damn good. "And the tissues you wanted.."

I broke down again and his immediate reaction was to hug me. "What's going on?"

I pulled back and wiped my eyes. "It's my mom, she has breast cancer."