Him.

His presence still lingers threw everything I own- everything I am. The way his voice would raise in pure torment, how he'd threaten to kill not only me, but himself, every time I tried to defend my actions. Soon, after he'd already done as much damage as a stab in the heart, I began to rationalize. Rationalize everything he's ever done. No matter how small, how severe, how antagonizing the actions he's ever done to me, they were now rationalized. The terrorized screams, the eternal sobs, the reckless scars, and the permanent mental corruptions that'd haunt every thought of every hour of every day... they all made 'sense' to me now. The way his fingers slowly ran down my neck, my arm, my thigh, my leg, my...
     Shh, it's okay... don't worry, just let it happen...
     It's truly strange how much we all can differ in the slightest ways possible. From thoughts, feelings, emotions, you name it, we all have different perspectives on every little thing. In my case, however, it was the biggest things we contrasted in. Consent was the last thing on my mind, but the first on his. Life's been like this for us ever since he set his eyes upon mine, which soon would alternate into his lips upon mine, and much more.
    You should be happy to have me, Arya, I've never told a soul your darkest secrets, so you don't have to reveal mine...
     Questions drifted all around my mind, ever since the day we met. I always had suspicions, but I kept them to myself since at this point in time I had no reason not to believe him. Though, that stage didn't last as long as I hoped for. I could doubt him for every move he made, every word that left his mouth, but I still didn't question it. This was how relationships worked, right? Right? Manipulation was a very common tactic he'd use on me. He'd daunt me whenever I'd questioned him, or even remotely shared a different opinion than him, but his sly words and mischievous attitude is what made me always come back for more.
     Don't you fucking dare leave, Arya! I'll die not breathing the same air as you!
     Mood swings were something very persistent in his personality. One second he'd be laughing all throughout the day with me, then the second night awakens, his inner demon escapes to be freed from his cage. And to think that I really trusted him with all my secrets in the daytime. He manipulated me to tell him everything I've ever done. Everywhere I've ever gone. Everyone I've ever met. Everything I've ever been diagnosed. Now he knew all of my weaknesses. He knows how to keep me tame, how to keep me from walking out that door every night to finally leave him and the demon alone.
     If you walk out that door, I'll tell everyone you've ever loved about all the horrible things you've done. Do you really think anyone would want to stay with you after that? I'm all you have left.
     Lies were the foundation of what our relationship was built on. He'd tell his friends how much he loved me, how much he cared for me, and never would let go. Yet, he'd treat me the opposite way from what he told everyone. He'd tell me he loved me, too. But, is love really demanding your partner to seduce you? Is love really harassing your partner to stay in the relationship? Is love really threatening your significant other to kill not only himself, but you, every night? Is love really manipulating every decision made out of your lover's mouth? I still don't know the answers to these questions, and will probably never know.
     Why don't you appreciate me more, Arya? After all the love I've ever endowed you with, all the positive things I've spread about you to other people, you still try disobeying all my commands. What kind of profane, self-absorbed woman are you?
     I still remember our last goodbye's together, the memory loops throughout my mind every day. I tried sneaking out of the house once the clock struck midnight, attempting to make the least sound possible. I packed my essentials, such as a few clothes, my phone, money, and a knife, just in case for emergencies. I opened the door slowly, with my thoughts racing at a thousand miles per hour. A subtle smile grew on my face, as I at last, got a taste of freedom away from the beast. Yet, all good things must come to an end. I heard a piercing bang ring throughout my ears, paired with an unbearable pain expanding into my entire back. I fell to the ground quickly, with not much time left. The last sound I ever heard was followed by another gunshot, along with a second body collapsing to the ground. Blood was seen flowing onto the floor, getting larger and larger each second. This was the last experience I had as a living human-being.

Goodbye, Arya...