Lucien Castle - "Worth Dying For"

*Requested* Lucien Castle imagine where you try to talk him out of going through with his plans because you know it will get him killed?  

The annoying elevator music accompanies you throughout your short journey to the most expensive penthouse in New Orleans. It might be even more luxurious than the Strix headquarters in New York.

The gold plated door snaps shut behind you with a rather unsatisfying click sound. You expected it to at least be a little louder for the dramatic effect. What a bummer.

"What on earth do you think you're doing?" You say, walking into the elevated entrance.

There has been a rumor going on at the Strix headquarters, that your oldest friend Lucien plans on taking down your rivals; the Mikaelsons. Naturally, you had to know if he completely lost his mind.

"Good to see you too, Y/N." Lucien holds up a newly filled glass with blood but you decline with a head shake "How is New York?

"Busy. It's New York. " You cross your arms in front of your chest, your foot impatiently tipping on the floor.

Lucien sighs loudly, knowing exactly that once you have the current look on your face he will not get out of an argument that easily.

"For god sake's don't look at me like that."

"How would you prefer me to look at you then?" You ask.

"With your usual admiration, of course." Lucien flashes his pearly whites "But I presume now that you heard of my plans you-"

"Yes, I heard. Trough the grapevine at the HQ." You interrupt him "Through the grapevine, Lucien. My oldest friend did not see the necessity to inform me he's going on a suicide mission."

"I apologize, Y/N. But this is far from a suicide mission. The precious Mikaelson family will fall."

"You cannot actually believe you are able to defeat them? All of them?" You ask him, knowing that there is no way he can win. "In case you have forgotten they remain our superior no matter if we like them or not. It's a fact."

"It might be a fact now, but I have the means to put an end to that." He walks over to a nearby shelf and picks up a large, familiar book.

"The Great Gatsby? Really? I don't think Fitzgerald's book will help us in any way."

Lucien opens the first page, revealing that the book was hollow on the inside. What a cliché hiding spot.

He unfolds the paper lying inside and hands it to you.

You roam the drawn symbols and words with your eyes, the realization kicking in instantly. This is the spell to create an even more powerful creature than a hybrid.

"Is that..?"

"It is. Soon I will grow more powerful than any creature that has ever walked the earth with a bite lethal to original vampires. " Lucien explains.

The glistening eyes and the big smile on his face indicate that he is positive he could go through with this and come out alive on the other end.

It can't be this easy. That's not how it works.

"Lucien, you can't go through with this." You shake your head and fold the paper back to its original state. " You're only going get yourself killed."

"This is our time for retribution, Y/N. I can rid them of this earth once and for all. It's what we longed for, is it not?" He says, looking into your eyes, trying to read if you're on board with his plan or not.

"This is a declaration of war and we both know they will gain the upper hand in the end. They always do."

"They won't. Not with my superior strength. Not even Niklaus would be a match for me."

Sadly as promising as it sounds, you know that the Mikaelsons will defeat him rather sooner than later. Somehow they always seem to win no matter the cost. And knowing Lucien he will stop at nothing

But is that a reason to not put up one hell of a fight?

No.

"Then I'll fight with you. No matter the outcome, you and I will remain a team. Like we always were."

"And what a marvellous team that is." Lucien smiles.

What better way is there than to die for your oldest friend?