Unbeknownst to the prince, a figure was standing behind him. Before he could react, the boy was grabbed and dragged into the darkness with a scream. "Noct!" His three friends shouted, searching the narrow tunnel for the prince. With no luck, they ran down the tunnel and away from the approaching footsteps of those behind them.

As they ran, the remaining three boys were picked off one by one by the same figure that had dragged Noctis away only a few minutes earlier.

In the blink of an eye, all four boys were reunited inside a chamber that was well-lit with torches. Prompto was still frightened as he spotted a skeletal warrior looming above him.

The boy screamed, his legs shaking as he collapsed to the floor

The boy screamed, his legs shaking as he collapsed to the floor. Noctis ran to his friend's side and helped him up. "Calm down, Prompto. It's not gonna hurt you."

"Yes, it is!" The shutterbug whined, gripping onto Noctis tightly. "Just look at its weapons!"

Gladio and Ignis were ready to summon their weapons, but the prince stopped them. "Like I said, it isn't gonna hurt anyone! Just listen, dammit!" Prompto sealed his lips, but the fear remained in his being as the warrior watched him and his friends with glowing eyes.

"Shall I help explain the matter at hand?" A feminine voice asked. Prompto, Gladio, and Ignis turned to see a girl with long sable locks, (e/c) eyes, and cladded in a strange outfit.

 Prompto, Gladio, and Ignis turned to see a girl with long sable locks, (e/c) eyes, and cladded in a strange outfit

Noctis sighed, accepting the girl's help. "Please, do."

"Brauhn, step down," she ordered the skeletal warrior. It nodded in response and walked over to her side, acting as her bodyguard. "You four are the ones King Regis told me of. I never expected to see you this soon, though."

The prince had already learned of who the girl was when she had dragged him out of the tunnel. "This is why we're down here. This is Death."

Prompto swallowed nervously. "Is that really your name?"

"Well, no. You could say it's more of a title than a name. My true name is (Y/n). A pleasure to finally meet you all." (Y/n) bowed politely and Brauhn followed her action. The sable-haired girl glanced at Ignis and saw the bespectacled advisor had pieced together the puzzle with such little information. "I see you catch on quick. Quite impressive, I must say."