Chapter Two

I seemed to run around my room in a frenzy, looking for a sweatshirt and my rain boots. The ground was going to be muddy from the rain the day before  and it was going to be chilly from the normal cloudly sky. I felt like my head wasn't attached to my body as I ran around, trying to regain my composer.

I know that I care about him more than friend, it seemed like others knew it too. I felt like I've loved Jacob since I've frist known what love was. Liked him before I knew what a crush was, but I don't even know if he could feel the same way back or only sees me as his best friend or even a little sister. I mean he might have, there might have been a point that he maybe felt the same way, but that was before Bella Swan came back into the picture. She was gone for years, years, but once she was back. It seemed like it was all over from there. I remember playing with the two when she came to visit her dad durning the summers. I also knee as Jacob got older, he had developed crush for Bella, because he had told me so.

Lately, he has been spending less and less time with me, slowly pushing me out of the picture. He was slowly pushing himself away from me, and I didn't know why. He use to tell me everything, no he wouldn't even talk to me. Soon, I only saw him at school, but then he just stopped coming. One day, he didn't show up, then the next and the next, he was just gone. I knew at first it was becuase he was sick, and then I thought it was because he went to public school to spend more time with her.

I now knew why I hadn't seen him at school, he ran away. But why? He had nothing to run from, his father loved him unconditional, he had friends that loved and carried about him. I quickly grapped my phone in it and tucking it in my pocket, knowing I would forget it if I didn't. I finished and hurried to put my boots on before I ran down the stairs, skipping the last few steps. It felt like I had been upstairs for hours, but only minutes had passed.

"I'll be back later!" I yell as I grabbed my keys. "I love you!" I yell then went and ran out the front door, not stopping for a reply in case they wanted to stop me. I didn't want to argue and fight about going out, I just wanted to find my best friend.

I was fully ready to drive out to where I thought he could be, but I had only made it about three feet away from my car when I saw a figure come out on the woods. I froze in my spot as I just atared in the directio, they were tall, and by the build, it was a male. At first I didn't know who it was until they got closer.

"Jacob?!" I yelled and I started running to him, dropping my keys in the middle of the gravel.

Once I made it to him he picked me up and spun me around, holding me close to him. I had my arms wrapped around him tightly, scared if I let go it would all be am illusion. His skin was warm to the touch, warmer than it should be, it felt like he had a fever. It was strange, to be so warm in the chilly weather, most people complained, but I wasn't one. I loved the rain, sitting in my window and watching it.

"You cut your hair." I say once he put me down, I ran my hair through his now short and spikey hair.

"Yeah." He said still with his arms around me and mine around resting on his chest.

"And you got a tattoo." I say, looking at his arm, letting my fingers run over the black ink on his shoulder.

His muscles had seemed to have gotten bigger since the last time I saw him. It even felt like he was taller, although he was taller than me to begin with, but, now I just left like a fairy.

"Yeah, I did." He said, seeing that he couldonly speak a few words at a time.

I didn't even mention him shirtless, because, really I didn't care. I would say that I was worried that he could get sick, but he was walking around shirtless and in cargo shorts. Then again with his six pack, I didn't care if he never wore a shirt again. Things seemed to be better, until I remembered everything, why I was a hot mess not even seconds ago.

"Why have you been gone?" I asked him with a worried, a cleared scared look in my eyes. "You've missed a lot of school. You're dad is worried about you. You're friends are worried about you." I lowered my voice to almost a whisper, scared to cause him to leave again. "I've been worried about you."

"I can't tell you right now." He told me, a hurt look in his eyes. I sighed and took a step back, pushing myself out of his arms.

"Why?" I asked him now I was hurt more than ever. "You've always told me everything. Has something changed?"

Had I done something to him and caused him to be this distant from me? He was my best friend. Hell I wish we were more than friends, but no she just had to come back. Then all of a sudden Jacob was good even to be in her life, to be able to call himself her friend. Why would he lie to me? Why would there be a need to lie to me? Had she done something that caused the distance that had formed in our friendship?

"It's for your own safety." He told me, seeming to choke out the words.

I let a few tears fall down my cheek as I felt my heart fall into the pit of my stomach. He then took a step forward, reaching out to me, but I took one back.

"Please, don't cry." He begged me, still reaching out for me. Holding his arms open to me to run to him, but I couldnt bring myself to do it. 

"No, Jacob, don't say that." I ahook my head as I felt like I couldnt breath. "That's the last thing my grandfather told me, and you know that. You know that he died soon after that." I let out a shakey breath, and I didnt vare to try and hide my true feelings from him. "I-I don't want to see that happen to you."

That was something that had haunted me since I was seven, and I still could never figure out what was being hidden from me. There has never been the right time to bring it up, and talking about his death still effects my grandma. I don't even fully remember what we had been talking about, but I remember his last words to me, the look on his face. The feeling of him using all the strength to hold my hand for the last time.