Day 91

Yesterday afternoon, we had begun our journey from the forest. Since our horses are merely my Skeletons Centipedes, they don't require any rest, so we could have probably gone in a single go without stopping. Though our wagon train still calls far too much attention to us.

Several dozen undead horses literally running down the road makes it an extremely noticeable convoy. I suppose as long as we keep moving in earnest, we won't greatly disturb the communities within the grasslands beyond the forest. Our mission, this time, was to leave the forest, the hills, the mountain, and trek into the unknown to discover the fortress city of Trient.

There should probably be enough time today for us to arrive there before night fall. We might have even managed to make it there already, but we decided to spend the night in a nearby village on the prairie, so we're currently stopped in the grasslands.

The name of the village we stayed in was Clute, its population is roughly three hundred people. I'd have to say it's a little plain, with just the minimum level of agriculture to sustain it.

Hmm, actually, it looks a lot like the village I was born in during my life as a human. The forest that we were born in was apparently called Kuuderun Great Forest where it is famed for the high-quality wood. Even the administrator of Velvet's dungeon had informed me that due to the high density of magic in the area, some wooden products made from the trees of the forest could have magical properties and were famous for making musical instruments. It appears this town also has a shop that makes their livelihood from selling these pieces.

I decided that it was worth sating my curiosity on the matter and headed over to the shop. In all honesty, these items were actually stunning; they were imbued with the power of the spirits of the forest. No wonder they are such a popular commodity with the rich and nobility of this nation. If anyone ever wanted to become a famous [Job-Bard], they would certainly have an easy time of it if they had something like this.

Originally, it seems that there was nothing but grassland in this area until several years ago.

The story apparently goes that several craftsmen following a rumor of high quality lumber settled and built several houses around each other to begin practicing their trade. They were so successful that soon, others followed them here, and in time, this so-called craftsmen's village was formed. I'd say, given the growth, this town might actually be nearly twice its size in several years.

Because the craftsmen masters reap such high levels of business from the aristocracy of this kingdom, it seems that if you are skilled enough, you could actually rise through the ranks of nobility, given enough time. One such individual is apparently so skilled, that he created manmade creatures called [Golems] that are in charge of protecting the village.

In short, these guardians are Iron Golems, though they don't have much more offensive power than a Hobgoblin, they have massive bodies with high endurance values. From what I have seen so far from walking around, there are about five or so of these creatures. As added defenses, they have installed trenches, ditches, and a man named Kikabe installed a watchtower.

According to Redhead, she had met several well privileged merchants that had made their starts in this town. It's safe to say that these people have quite a large sense of safety in the world, it almost annoys me how ignorant some people can be.

Soon enough, I found myself wandering full circle around the exterior of the village. After seeing the black bodies of the Skeleton horses I had created, I decided to use one of the items from my box to change them into normal looking brown horses. It was a ring that I had gained from Velvet's dungeon. It allowed me to change how certain objects or people appear for a certain period of time.