"Her name is Bella and she's a year older than me."

Emmett's brow furrows, "How old are you?"

"Didn't anyone ever tell you it's impolite to ask a lady her age?"

Emmett starts to backpedal and apologize when Astrid laughs,

"That's okay, I don't mind telling you,  I'm 16."

"What are you doing in a senior class, aren't you just a sophomore?"

"No, well, I have a genius IQ and I could have been a senior this year but I decided to graduate with my sister."

Emmett's eyebrows raise,  he was thoroughly impressed. He was about to ask her more questions, but the class started and Astrid went ahead and ignored him.

Once class was over, Astrid got up and left without saying a word to Emmett, she went on to her last class which was language arts. The class went by smoothly and Astrid enjoyed it immensely. She found that foreign languages were easy for her to pick up. She already knew how to speak Spanish, French, and German, she was lucky to find that this school offered Russian, though it was a  small class.

At the end of class, Astrid went up to the office to turn in her slip and wait for Bella. She found Bella standing inside the little office with this horrified look on her face. Astrid raises an eyebrow and walks in when she does she hears the conversation that's going on.

"There must be something open fifth period. Physics? Biochem?" The bronze haired boy asks. Astrid recognizes him as Edward Cullen.

No, every class is full. I’m afraid you’ll have to stay in biology. I’m so sorry." Ms. Cope tells the boy.

Bella blanches. Ms. Cope sees her and Astrid and gestures for them to wait a minute. But Edward suddenly straightens as if sensing Bella. He slowly turns to glare at her with piercing, hate-filled eyes. She backs into Astrid, hugging herself, suddenly chilled... with fear. Astrid glares at Edward, as she puts a comforting arm around Bella.

"I’ll just... endure it," Edward tells Ms. Cope as he strides out the door.

Astrid and Bella turn in their slips and leave the office, the minute they're out of earshot, Astrid turns to her older sister.

"Alright, what happened with that douche?"

"Do I smell bad," Bella asks.

"No, of course not, why do you ask?"

"Because in Biology, Edward acted as I stunk to high heaven, he covered his mouth and nose and sat as far away from me as possible. Then he glared at me the whole class as if he hates me as he did just now."

By the time Bella finished her story, Astrid was pissed. Nobody made her sister feel like shit and got away with it. As they make their way down to their truck, Astrid is on the lookout for Edward. She was going to give him a piece of her mind and kick his ass in the process. Astrid smirks and her blue eyes brighten at the thought of fighting Edward. When she said she had fought bigger earlier, she meant men, so that little weakling wouldn't be a problem for her.

The girls made it to the truck before Astrid spotted Edward, she saw that he was staring at Bella with this hateful look in his eyes. As luck would have it, she, Bella and the Cullens were the only ones left in the parking lot. Astrid grinned and tossed her bookbag into the truck then cracked her knuckles. Bella was already in the truck when she noticed that Astrid hadn't gotten in.

"Astrid, what are you doing?"

Astrid gave her sister a sweet smile, the one that always gave Bella the chills. She knew with that smile, Astrid was up to something.

"I'm just going to say hello to Edward," Astrid says as she strides off towards the Cullens.

Bella's eyes widen, "No, Astrid, don't!" but it was too late.

Astrid was already approaching the silver Volvo, much to Emmett's delight, but he frowned when he saw the look on Astrid's face and how she was solely focused on Edward.

"Hey, Edward!" Astrid called out.

Edward turns around to see an irate little blonde girl striding towards him, he rolls his eyes only infuriating Astrid even more.

"Can I help you, Miss. Swan?" Edward asks in a patronizing tone.

Without warning, Astrid shoves him, Edward stumbles back almost losing his footing, he looks at her wide-eyed.

"Look, Douche, I don't take kindly to you making my sister feel like shit. Now, I'm only going to warn you once. If you ever hurt her feelings again, I will kick the living shit out of you."

Rosalie steps in front of Edward and puts her hand on Astrid's shoulder, giving her a light shove, Astrid doesn't budge.

Astrid snorts, "What, was that supposed to intimidate me?" She looks down at Rosalie's hand,  "You might want to remove your hand now before I break it off and shove it down your throat."

Rosalie is shocked, that little push should have made her stumble, but it did nothing, Rosalie slowly removes her hand. Jasper tries to influence Astrid and calm her down but it's not working, if anything she's getting angrier. As Astrid's anger starts getting worse, the sky starts to darken and thunder can be heard in the distance. She pushes past Rosalie and grabs Edward by his shirt.

"Did I make myself clear?"

"Yes," Edward mumbles.

"I can't hear you, Mr. Cullen."

"Yes." he says a little louder.

"Good, now remember what I said, it was not a threat, it's a promise."

With that, Astrid walks off towards the truck. Bella's inside completely mortified. It wasn't the first time Astrid has threatened someone for Bella and it probably won't be the last. Bella starts the truck and burns rubber out of the parking lot. Nobody notices that the sky has lightened again and the thunder has stopped.

Emmett looks at Edward, "What the hell was that?"

"I don't know," Edward says

"Well, what did you do to her sister?"

Edward explains what happened in Biology, and afterwards in the  office. Emmett rolls his eyes and rubs his face.

"You know, I don't blame her for being pissed at you."

"Can we forget the fact that she was mad at me, we have bigger problems!"

"Yeah, like how was she able to shove you and not budge when I pushed her?" Rosalie asks.

"Or the fact I couldn't influence her mood."

"And I can't see her future."

"Maybe she isn't human," Edward says.

"Of course she is, she smells human." Emmett says.

"He's right, she doesn't smell any different from other humans." Alice observes.

"Well, whatever she is, we need to tell Carlisle." Rosalie tells her siblings.

They all agree and head home.

Thunder & Blood (Emmett Cullen)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें