Talking to the Dead.

So, I'm 16 the story has it that I can talk to the dead. Is the story true? Yes. It is, and you'll find out how I have these "special powers", as most people call it. To me, it's like a curse. I don't like it, it's depressing, seeing all those people who had lost their lives, weather it had been from murder, suicide, or natural causes. It was saddening.

Anyhow, here's the story. When I was about six or seven years old my parents took me to the beach, I loved the beach, up until that day. I was still too small to go out into the deeper water (Past my waist) because I still couldn't swim as well, but that day I didn't care. I wanted to see what it was like to be like the older kids, so I walked out into the water, deeper and deeper as it reached up to my neck. My parents must not have noticed me because they didn't call me back up to the shallow waters. That's when it happened.

The sand in the water went all soft, and it brought me under the water. my foot went into the sand so far that it was harder to get out, and I was stuck. By now I couldn't breath, and I swallowed so much water and I began getting sleepier each second. Once I fell asleep, I seen this really pretty bright light, I wanted to go into it but before I could, everything went dark once again. I don't know what happened next, but I was talking to someone. An old man, who told me that everything was going to be okay, and that I'd be fine. The old man didn't scar me, he seemed nice, the only thing that scared me was that I didn't know where I was.

After the old man told me his name, which was Michael, everything went black for the third time. It felt like forever before all the lights came back to my sight. Except this time, I wasn't at the beach, or with Michael. I was in a hospital, being surrounded by unfamiliar people. They must not have noticed that I was awake, because nobody stopped talking to look at me, or make sure I was okay. When I tried to move my arm, I couldn't I was stopped by all the tubes and tapes on my arm.

It has now been nine or ten years since then, and no matter how hard I try, that's all I can seem to remember. People ask me if there's more, and then get dissapointed when I tell them I can't remember, or that, that's it. I understand that they're concerned, or want to know more.. Honestly, I do too.

Mrs. Clyde yelled "Zoey! Are you daydreaming during my teaching again? Have you even heard a word I said this entire time"

"No," I replied in a quiet voice, "I'm sorry Mrs. Clyde. I didn't mean to, It wont happen again."

"It better not" Mrs. Clyde demanded.

Mrs. Clydes science class was the last class for the day, and right after she finished yelling at me the bell rang. It was finally time to go home and see who was there waiting for me this time.