Competition

It was another two days of practicing with Mr. Lou. He worked mostly on Cole and I. Much to Cole’s disappointment. I did my best to keep a middle ground between the two and the fun thing was. When the sun went down and all was said and done, Cole and I would head up to the roof and spar. He would be so pent up he would just brood until I asked him to spar. From there things continued on. Till the last day. Just as we were finishing a spar we were done on the ground, in the backyard. A call rang out.

“I knew it, I knew it,” Mr. Lou cheered as he came down the patio pointing at us. I looked up to Cole confused. He shook his head with a shrug at my silent question. His hands clasped on his cane before him.

“You were holding out son, do that last movment again, if you would both please.” He looked so excited. Again the silent questioning we both just shrugged. He had just kicked were I had ducked. So we stepped back into a normal fight stance.

“You sure about this?” Cole questioned looking at me wanting the truth.

“Yeah, it’s just a mock fight,” I told him. He nodded his head in agreement and with that we started. Mr. Lou drilled us wanting us to move slowly in a fight. It continued for a long time well into the night.

“Dad, enough, the Auditions are tomorrow and we need to rest.” Cole reprimanded. Mr. Lou stepped away, not wanting to push as he once did.

“I am sorry, Cole, but you two have given me several ideas for the actual competition next week. And I believe, you will like the new routine even better than the old. With that he left us in the cool night’s air.

“You okay Cole?” I asked rather concerned

“Yeah, I’m a fine.” he grumbled. Looking off to where his father had disappeared too. I poked him in the side

“Come on tell me the truth, Cole.” I told him, moving to where I was cutting off his sight of the house. He sighed looking down to me.

“Kaia, you were sick only yesterday. Now you had to stay out here for a few hours.” He spoke concerned as he took my hand.

“Well if you are that worried let’s get inside and warm up. I think I spied some hot coco in the shelves earlier.” That did get his attention. He loved chocolate as much as I loved my family.

(Time Skip)

We got the audician over and done with, us getting past rather easily with light singing, Mr. Lou was working us even harder. The harshness of his words only set off the phantom sensations or pain on my back and arms. It was making me into a bundle of nerves. Ready to just make a run for it. I had found myself speaking less and less.

Another argument broke out and Cole made it were no one had to sing anymore. I was thankful for that. Even with this I still wanted to make a run for it.

Getting out of my bed and heading down to the kitchen for breakfast with the others. Another argument broke out. Cole had noticed my nerves and also Jay’s. Getting us the free day Jay ran away from the house Zane chasing after him to make sure he stay out of trouble. Cole pulled me along and out of the house.

“Are you okay, Kaia?” He asked rather concerned leaning down to be on level with me.

“I’m alright,” I answered him. “Could we go into town, I don’t really want to stay at the house all day.” I asked him. He smirked.