Walking back to my locker, I opened it and got all of my stuff. Before I could close my locker, a hand shot out and closed it for me. I turned around and came face to face with Lance.

"Hey, Katie. Looking nice in those clothes," Lance said, looking at my new outfit before crushing me into a hug.

"I want to be in the hug too!" A voice shouted and before I knew it, Hunk and Lance were squishing me.

"Hey, guys...why are you crushing someone?! Are you trying to kill them?" Keith said, pushing my two friends off of me.

"Sorry about tha...Pidge?" Keith said, his mouth opened as he looked at me. He continued to stare and stare until I started blushing and waved my hand in front of his face. 

"You there?" I asked him. He just looked at me with a dazed look until Lance whacked him upside the head.

"Yo, lover boy, stop looking at your girl like fresh meat," Lance smirked as a faint blush appeared on Keith's face. 

"Pidge, y-you...changed," Keith said, and I got a little worried. Did I look bad or something?

"I mean in a good way, of course," He quickly rushed out after seeing my expression. "You look really...beautiful. Not that you weren't already."

I blushed when he said that he looked satisfied with it. I saw one of his hands come out and it was just about to reach my hair when a voice interrupted us.

"Hey, guys. Stop acting all lovey-dovey. Do that outside of school. I don't need a constant reminder that I am single because of you guys," Lance said, and both Keith and I blushed and looked away from each other. I tucked my hair behind my ear and turned to Keith.

"Let's go to class?" I asked him. He nodded and we said bye to Hunk and Lance, who were smirking, before walking to Chemistry.

Once we sat down in our seats, Keith turned to me and said, "So, I saw you with Katherine before class. And might I say, it was nice seeing you all confident and defending yourself."

Oh yeah. I felt like a totally different person when I was talking to her. It was almost as if I wasn't scared of anything and could speak my mind and I really liked it.

I shrugged and said, "Well, she was annoying me. Had to make her be quiet in some way, you know?"

Keith smirked and turned his attention to the front, where Ms. Rellings was sitting.

As soon as the bell rang, she got up and exclaimed, "So class, today we will be doing our first project! Who is excited?"

A few people in the front showed enthusiasm, while the majority just stared at her. After a while, she laughed awkwardly and said, "Okay, the project will be worth 25% of your final quarter grade. I will not negotiate this matter. In the project, you have to choose at least 7 feelings from this list and research about the chemical makeup of the feeling in the human body. The chemical makeup must be presented in a creative way in order to receive full credit. You may work with a partner, no more than that. Choose your groups and then come up to me to get the rubric and other important material.

Keith and I looked at each other and gave a small nod. We got up to go to the teacher when a squeaky voice stopped us.

"Hey, Keith!" It was Katherine.

How come I did not know who was in my class?

"Katherine," Keith said, obviously bored.

Katherine twirled her hair with her finger and had a smug smile on her lips. "I was just wondering if you wanted to work together on this project. You could come to my house to work on it. And, we can find out the feelings in a more...physical way," She finished her proposal with a really low voice. Was she trying to imitate a man? And a physical way? That is just gross.

"Yeah, um, I am working with Pidge so-"

Keith was cut off by a furious Katherine. "Ugh, why are you still trying to be friends with her! She is nothing but a boring, ugly nerd who thinks that she can hang out with anybody."

Before Keith could retort, I stepped in and said, "Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but I have real friends, unlike you. And trying to do whatever you were doing isn't going to make Keith attracted to you. I think he finds it repulsive to tell you the truth.

Both of them were just looking at me in shock, so I pulled Keith's and started walking to the teacher. 

"We are working together. Can we have the papers?" Keith asked Ms. Rellings. 

"Yeah sure," she said, handing us a stack of papers. "You guys are a cute couple by the way," she added, pointing to our connected hands. I immediately pulled away as if I burned myself and turned around, walking back to my seat with a blush on my face. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

Here is chapter 17!

Wow, a double update again? And this chapter is longer than what I usually write. I am honestly amazed by myself(LOL).

So, Pidge has become a little more confident. Keith must be rubbing off her:).

What do you think of Pidge now?

Don't forget to comment and/or vote?