Poisoned

When Kara got Alex's call, it was more frightening than she thought. J'onn had gotten Juliet and Destiny safely to the DEO, but Juliet was resting in the med bay with what J'onn thought might be Kryptonite poisoning. They also got news from Jeremiah concerning what J'onn described as some sort of alien killer machine. But what worried Kara the most was Juliet. And Cat Grant could see that.

A lot had changed in Catco the past five years. Cat needed something to do when the president wasn't in office, so she returned to Catco to make sure everything was going well. She was surprised to find Lena Luther had bought her company, but she hadn't made any drastic changes so she eventually got used to seeing her around. When Kara started bringing two little girls to work she was a little questionable about it, but after a while she seemed to like having Juliet Danvers around. As for Destiny, she was a little too rambunctious for her taste. So when she saw tears on Kara's face, a mother's intuition told her something was wrong.

"Kara? Is everything all right?"

"Oh, Ms. Grant. I didn't see you there. My daughter and my niece decided to go play at the park or something. My sister wasn't being specific on details. All I know is Juliet is very sick and she needs to go to the hospital."

"I suggest a private hospital. That way you can keep this little mishap quiet. As a reporter, I'm sure you know how people react to such things once it gets out in the open." They both glanced at the room around them to the ears on their conversation as other reporters tried listening in for news. "I'll send you an email of hospitals in the area if you like."

"Thank you, Ms. Grant. That's very thoughtful of you."

"You should probably get going. And don't worry, I'll make sure you get paid sick time for this."

"Ms. Grant, you don't have to do that for me."

"It's your daughter, Kara. If one of my sons were sick and I still had a job as a journalist, who knows what I would give for paid sick time! You need to be with your family, end of discussion." Kara continued to argue. However, just as luck would have it, James and Lena were walking by at that moment. "Mr. Olsen, Miss Luther, please see too it that Miss Danvers gets to Juliet alright. And you're getting paid sick time, curtesy of Catco. Oh, and can someone please wake up Ms. Nal?" Cat walked away as Kara was bombarded with questions. But she got what she wanted and went into her office.

"What's wrong with Juliet?"

"Do you need any help with anything?"

"Kara, I just had this dream, and I probably should go with you guys."

"Just come with me then. I don't know how bad Juliet is or if she'll need more of that stuff you gave me before she was born, Lena." Kara practically raced to the elevator, her eyes overflowing. Once they were all alone, Kara had to say something. "Lena, when did you last visit your mother?"

"About a week ago. Why? Did she have something to do with this?"

"Alex told me a Lillian was involved in the kidnapping of Juliet and Destiny. Juliet used her powers, and they escaped, but something's wrong with her. Possibly Kryptonite poisoning."

"And you think it's my mother?"

"You can't say she's the least likely suspect."

"Alright, I will give you that. She has wanted Juliet dead before she was even born, so she might have given an order to someone. But why kidnap Destiny?"

"Apparently she was wearing Juliet's Legion ring. It can make you fly."

"Where did Juliet get that?"

"Mon-el sent it to her. That way they would know if she was in trouble."

"Then she should be alright then."

"Unless something's wrong with Mon-el."

"Kara, I know it's easy to see the worst in this, but you need to look on the bright side. For Juliet." James said, hoping it would cheer her up.

"And which bright side is that? The possibility Juliet's poisoned, or that she isn't dead. Yet?"

"We'll figure out a cure, Kara. In the meantime, you go see Juliet and I'll talk to my mother about this." Lena said.

"I almost forgot, we need to keep eyes and ears out for any potential attacks towards the alien population. There's a chance they will be targeted by Cadmus, but we don't know why yet."

"How do you know this?"

"My adopted father. He thought I might have been home. Luckily J'onn was there."

"Is that how they trapped them?"

"That's what it looks like. J'onn confirmed Jeremiah had no idea he was being followed though, so it doesn't look like a setup."

"Kara, about my dream though, I think Juliet might have lead poisoning."

"What makes you say that Nia?"

"It had Juliet holding bullets. Lots of bullets. Maybe that's what poisoned her?"

"I'll run it by Alex. You talk to Brainy for me and see what the two of you can find?"

"Sure, no problem." As the elevator doors opened up, the four of them split up and headed on there own agendas, James and Lena to talk to Lillian, Kara and Nia to the DEO.

Juliet was in the med bay with Sun Lamps trying to fix her, Destiny watching her cousin and mother cautiously. She was holding J'onn's hands tightly, feeling like this was partly her fault.

"I'm glad you two are safe and sound." Kara's voice seemed to shake Destiny from her thoughts and she turned to give her Aunt a nervous smile before she ran to Juliet, who was still unconscious.

"If you don't wake up now Juliet, we're watching the Terminator series this weekend instead of the Wizard of Oz." Kara's heart sank as her daughter didn't even twitch in protest.

"I have finished analyzing these bullets Juliet was holding, Director Danvers." Brainy said as he entered the room, leaving Nia to dream for a while.

"What's the result?" Alex and Kara both asked nervously.

"They're lead casing with a Kryptonite core."

"But Lena made her a cure."

"It must have been good enough for her as an infant, but Juliet needs a larger dose if she's going to fight it off. I was already informed that I would be receiving a call from Miss Luthor about supplies needed for a dose for her life time?"

"I only asked Lena for another dose."

"And I came to the conclusion that she outgrew the cure, or at least the dose I first gave her just before she was born, while I was being asked why I was visiting my mother on the day she escaped." There was an awkward silence as Lena stared at the little girl in the med bay, always so harmless. Whatever her mother did, it wasn't unintentional. She wanted to know what Juliet's powers were and how she could be destroyed. "Did she get a bullet in her skin?"

"No, she just caught them all." J'onn answered after some thought. "They might have scratched her skin but she doesn't have any wounds from them. She was born to be a hero. You would've been proud to see her in action Kara."

"I would feel better if she was safe and sound."

"Don't worry Supergirl. We know the who, the how, and the why. Now we need the cure. Lena?"

"I'm on it."