A Conversation Through Time

Aboard their ship, Winn was looking for Mon-El. He just received a transmission from Kara that said she had something she had to tell Mon-El. It wasn't dangerous or threatening the earth, but it was about them. Winn wanted to know what she meant. Mon-el wanted to know, too. He had Winn hook up a transmitter station so he and Kara could talk face to face. It shocked everyone when Mon-el's face appeared on the table of the DEO.

"Kara?"

"Mon-el?"

"What's wrong? Should we come back to the DEO?"

"Nothing's wrong. I just... I needed to tell you something I just found out."

"You look worried."

"I'm just a little scared. I'm pregnant Mon-el. With our child."

"How is that even possible though? I was gone for years."

"But the time travel brought you back seven months after you left."

"There's that too."

"Mon-el, think. A month before I sent you away, what happened?"

"You mean two months. I could be wrong, though. But how are you planning to deal with the lead allergy!?"

"With my mother alive, I have someplace to go to where the baby will be safe. That's my backup plan. I'm going to try to get Lena to make a cure."

"Lena isn't exactly Supergirl's biggest fan."

"No, but she's Kara's friend. And if Lena has proven anything, it's that she will do anything to help her friends."

"So you think she can find a cure?"

"If not her, then who?"

"L-Corp was the manufacturers for the cure in the future. I guess it makes sense if Lena Luther was the one to make it."

"So everything's fine, alright?"

"It will be soon."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Winn's piloting the ship to come back to the DEO. We'll be back soon."

"Mon-el, you have a mission to complete."

"And what about my mission to you, Kara?"

"You finish your mission and come back to meet your daughter. Wait-- I meant to ask if you wanted to know if I'm having a boy or a girl."

"I want to know. And I'm thrilled it's a girl. What do you want to name her?"

"I'm thinking about naming her after my Aunt Astra as a honor to her change in heart."

"Astra might be a problem since she had so many enemies. What about Juliet?" They both laughed. They talked about this name before.

"Well, alright then. Juliet it is. Normally humans have a middle name. Any suggestions?"

"Well, if my mother wasn't evil enough to put an intergalactic hit out on you to trick me I would suggest Rhea, so no." Mon-El was deep in thought. "You know our daughter won't be normal. She'll have super powers and be flying the moment she's born."

"All the more reason Argo City sounds so nice."

"I'm not saying that's a bad thing. I'm just worried."

"But you can protect her by watching her through time."

"I'll send her a Legion ring. Just in case." Kara laughed.

"She isn't even born yet and you love her."

"She's my daughter. And part of both of us. Of course I love her."

"Any bets on who's powers she'll get?"

"Super strength, since we both have it, and with the Legion ring she can fly anyway so flying is a definite."

"So you're ruling out your super speed?"

"I never said that. She'll be fast. You're fast and you fly. I'm just saying we can expect those two powers at the least."

"So since I'm Kryptonian and you're a Daxamite, what does this make her?"

"Well, Kryptamite sounds too much like Kryptonite, so how about a Daxatonian?"

"That's actually not a half bad idea. When do you think your mission will be over?"

"I don't know. These people needed someone to lead them worse than we thought. But luckily we're using the past to learn from our mistakes. And we're in a time machine. So soon but not as soon as expected."

"Well Juliet will be waiting for you then, like me."

"Ok Kara. See you soon then?"

"See you soon Mon-El." And with that they ended the transmission. Kara stared at the space Mon-el was for a moment longer. On his ship, Mon-el secretly wished Kara was a little more selfish. But then she wouldn't be the Kara he loved. Which meant his daughter would be as sweet as her mother. He smiled and went on to save the future. For his family's sake, if anything.