HALLOWEEN SPECIAL: Bug and Hisses

Start from the beginning

Harry breathes out a laugh as he hears her then rises from the sofa.

"Alright," he says. "It's your loss then."

As Y/N shifts her attention back to her laptop screen, Harry brings his empty mug back to the kitchen, frowning when he turns away from her.

She wasn't wrong when she said he never acted like he knew her, but that's because he didn't like her back then. Now, though he hates to admit it even to himself, he certainly likes her more than she may want him to.

...

Y/N suggests hiding their costumes from each other until Halloween night because she likes surprises. Harry doesn't object to it but he hates that idea. He's dying to know what she's going to wear because if she goes out wearing something too revealing, consider himself dead. It's frustrating enough for him to get inappropriate thoughts about her once in a while, he doesn't want to worry about others thinking about her the same way he does!

Well, lucky for him, Y/N chooses to stay true to who she is even on Halloween. When that night comes, she steps out from her bedroom in her costume, which is a long-sleeved, plain white dress, paired with a headband to which attached a halo made of feathers. Harry has never felt more relieved to see the safe length of the dress.

"Guess who I'm supposed to be!" She smiles cheerfully at him, putting her hands on her hips and playfully strikes a pose for her flatmate to get a better look of her appearance.

"A ghost?" Harry chuckles and Y/N huffs at his response.

"An angel! There's literally a fake halo above my head!"

"Then where are your wings?"

"This is a low budget costume, I can't afford a pair of wings."

The way Y/N's squinting her eyes at Harry makes his smile grow a little too big. She's so adorable, so precious that he wants to comment something cheesy like 'with or without all this, you're still an angel', but since they're barely friends, he can't say weird stuff like that, can he?

"What are you supposed to be?" she finally asks, gawking at him from head to toes.

He just looks so damn good in that white shirt with the suspenders and corduroy pants, and she also likes how his hair is all pushed back. It doesn't matter who he's dressed as, she's already melting.

"Jack Dawson from Titanic," Harry answers with a smug on his face. "I've been told I resemble young Leo."

"How could they disrespect Leo like that?" Y/N scoffs, making Harry drop his jaw.

"Angels don't mock their flatmates every chance they get! No wonder you've got no wings!"

"You deserved it for calling me a ghost!" Y/N flips her hair in a playful way, resulting a smirk upon Harry's lips as she grabs her bag and heads to the door. "I gotta go now. Shouldn't you already be on your way to the party?"

"I'm waiting for a friend."

"Oh you're going with Niall?"

"Uh...yeah, Niall." He presses his lips into a small smile, already regretting agreeing to go with this girl Niall set him up with, but his flatmate does not need to know.

"Okay, have fun then!" Y/N opens the door and waves at him before she leaves. "And bring your key please! If you come home at 2AM and bang on the door, I'll let you sleep in the hallway!"

"You will never get your wings with that attitude!" Harry shouts out, then quickly catches a glimpse of a secret smile on her face before the door is shut between them. That smile alone can keep him grinning at the entrance like an idiot, even a moment after she's already gone.