Parents

Y/N has planned out a perfect weekend for her and her boyfriend/flatmate. They don't have any assignment or deadline as far as she knows, so she suggested driving to the beach and spending their weekend away from the city. Obviously Harry didn't need to think twice before approving of the idea and they even went shopping for their trip.

But the funny thing about plans when it's made by Harry and Y/N together is that it's either changed completely or straight off cancelled at the very last minute. This time isn't an exception. Harry and Y/N just arrived home after their last class on Friday when Y/N receives an unexpected phone call from her parents, announcing their visit tomorrow morning. They will stay in town for the weekend to spend time with their beloved daughter, so of course, her perfect holiday with Harry will have to wait.

"It's okay," says Harry as he joins his girlfriend on the sofa, it's not a lie though he's a bit disappointed. "It's good to finally meet my girlfriend's parents."

The smile on his face, however, doesn't last too long because Y/N just right off tells him she doesn't want him to meet her mum and dad because, "I haven't told them yet."

"You've never told your parents about me?" Harry's utterly shocked, and he's not so sure if that's the reaction to just this news, or to how much it matters to him that Y/N's parents should know who he is.

"They do know about you!" Y/N argues, but the look on her face doesn't make him feel more at ease. "They just...don't know we're together."

"Oh, that's fine." He sighs in relief. "We'll tell them when they get here."

"Yeah...About that..."

"Y/N," Harry stares at his girlfriend cautiously and she knows for sure she is in hot water.

"Okay...I may have...accidentally...told them...." Y/N holds her breath for a second as she gathers enough courage to admit it to him what, she thinks, is the worst lie she's ever made since the day they met. "...I told them you were gay."

"Excuse me?"

"And that you had a boyfriend!"

"Y/N!"

"I'm sorry! I freaked out! They were so against me sharing a flat with a guy I barely knew! And I'm sure as hell they would've killed me if they'd known that guy brought a girl home to hook up almost every night, no offense..." Y/N speaks fast and she cannot even hold Harry's eye contact. She hates the look he's always giving her whenever she does something wrong. But the way he's standing in front of her with his arms crossed, while being unusually quiet, makes her feel very uneasy.

"We hated each other back then so I thought if my parents ever came to visit, you wouldn't even be speaking to them, so all of you might never find out." Y/N slowly shifts her eyes from the floor to meet Harry's. Obliviously, she's fidgeting with the hem of her shirt, one thing she does whenever she's anxious, which is very often. "Harry, don't be mad. I love you."

"Y/N, you can't just say you love me and get it over with. Tell your parents the truth!"

"I can't tell them I'm fucking my flatmate!"

"Jesus, Y/N, not if you put it that way!"

"You don't know my parents. I'll tell them at some point but this isn't the right time." Y/N intertwines her fingers and holds her hands in front of her chest. "But you don't have to get on board, you can just go stay at Niall's until they leave and I'll just tell them you're on a vacation or something."

"No, I'm not going anywhere. You should clean up the mess you made!"

"Help me out, just this once. They'll be here tomorrow! You-"