Icing on The Cake

Y/N discovered her love for weddings when she was eight and invited to a relative's wedding. It wasn't just the fact that she got to wear a pretty dress which made her feel like a princess, it was the magical feeling of witnessing a happy ending in real life.

Though her faith in true love, now as an adult, hasn't been as strong as it used to be, she still loves weddings just as much. That is why when she receives a wedding invitation from her brother Darren, she is over the moon, and has to wake up Harry from his midday nap to break the good news.

"Harry! Wake up! Harry!"

Y/N bounces on the bed and climbs on top of Harry so she can sit on his tummy. Harry struggles to open his eyes, but when he does, his lips curve into a smirk as he sees the position she's in.

"There are less violent ways to say you want me, love," he tells her, sleepiness makes his voice raspy, which she loves so much. As her palms are laid flat on his bare chest, he runs his from her knees up to her thighs, sneaking them under her oversized t-shirt to stop at the small of her back. His skin feels so soft against hers, for a brief second she almost forgets what she came here for.

"I've got to tell you something first," she says, but Harry has risen from the bed to sit up straight, pulling her in. He's now nosing at her throat and she nearly loses her mind.

"Yeah, love, what is it?" he asks, his hot breath tickles her neck.

Under his palms, she becomes helpless, and she knows how much he enjoys watching her falling apart just for him. Through the haze, with her eyes slightly shut, she manages to get the words out eventually.

"My brother just invited us to his wedding."

"That's great love." Harry groans as he fists the hem of Y/N's shirt, about to pull it over her head when he realizes what she just said to him.

"Wait, 'us'?"

"Uh huh. As in, you and me."

Immediately, Harry pulls his face away from hers to hold her eye contact, looking concerned with his eyebrows knitted together. "Y/N, your brother has never met me."

"I've told him about you, you're going as my date."

"Well, I am not."

"Sorry?" She stares at him in confusion. "What do you mean you're not?"

"Weddings are boring as fuck, all formal occasions are actually," he remarks between soft chuckles, but she cannot find any humor in it. "Besides, aren't your sister going? She can be a great date."

Without saying another word, Y/N drags herself off her boyfriend's lap to get off the bed and storms out of the room. That's when Harry knows he's fucked up, so quickly he goes after her to the living room, constantly calling himself an idiot and telling her how sorry he is.

"Never mind." She gives him a shrug, not even looking at his face, which makes Harry feel extra terrible. "I'm sorry I even bothered to ask, I'll go with Maisie then."

"No, baby, don't be mad," he pleads, pulling her to his chest and laying a little kiss on her forehead as a sincere apology.

"Hey, if it means so much to you, I'm going with you, yeah?"

"Really?" She shoots her face up in an instant, her eyes flicker with joy, and Harry feels the butterflies in his stomach going out of control.

"Yeah, I mean, on second thought, a wedding cannot be boring if I've got you as my date." He rolls his eyes playfully, making her giggle. "And I'm sorry I sounded like a dick, didn't want to make my baby sad."