"Have you guys been having sex?"

"No, in fact, we haven't. We've decided to wait."

"For what? Marriage or her finding a guy who would fuck her? The later would be more likely."

"Wait until she's ready, you dick!" Harry throws his head back on the arm rest and blows up his cheeks. "But I guess you're partly right, maybe sex is the reason, because she said she was afraid that I'd leave her after we've had sex. We've talked about it already, but I feel like she's still worried somehow."

"Would you though? Leave her, I mean."

"Of course not! It's never about sex when it comes to Y/N."

"Then prove it to her."

"How?"

"I don't know!"

"Jesus, Niall, what kind of advisor are you?"

"The kind that's just as clueless as you are when it comes to stuff like this? You should get more friends."

Harry sighs into his palm and nods. "Maybe I should."

The conversation is suddenly interrupted by the laughters coming from Y/N's bedroom. She walks out soon after, followed by Ben. Harry quickly tells Niall he would ring him back, then ends the call just in time his girlfriend and their neighbor returns to the living room.

"I have to be at work, but I'll be done at seven and I'll pick you up."

"Great!" says Y/N, smiling as she holds the door open for Ben to leave.

"You're going out with Ben tonight?" Harry frantically asks as he sits up straight on the sofa. His girlfriend closes the door and answers him with a firm nod.

"Yeah. Girls' night out. Aren't you going out with Niall?"

"No." He shakes his head slowly. "I thought we were going to a movie."

"No...We said next week."

"We said today," Harry asserts. He cannot be more certain because he remembers correctly everything Y/N has ever said to him (well, maybe minus the parts where she asks him to do chores or buy something on his way home). "But never mind. If you already have plan, we'll go next week."

Y/N only opens her mouth to speak when the power in the flat goes off all at once and she screams so loud that almost sends Harry flying off the sofa. He quickly walks towards the nearest window to open the curtain for some natural light, only to find the sun is setting, and it's still raining cats and dogs.

Scattered showers pop up throughout the entire day, and Harry's been hoping the weather would improve, but seemingly it only gets worse and worse as the day's coming to an end. Now the only things he can make out through the thick, white rain curtain are the dim street lights and headlights from the vehicles rushing home to avoid the upcoming storm, which was mentioned in the weather forecast.

"Guess your plan's cancelled." Harry turns to Y/N, smiling a little bit. She sighs, but looks rather at ease.

"I guess so."

...

Ben texts Y/N to let her know he's safe from the storm, but is now stuck at a supermarket somewhere for it's impossible to travel in this kind of weather. Harry follows Y/N into the kitchen, using his phone as a flashlight so she can see in the dark. She opens the cabinet and mumbles a small 'yes' when she finally finds the candles she's been searching for. She bought them a while ago despite Harry complaining they would be a waste of money, now it's been proven he was wrong and she was right.