"Are you new?" He spoke as the girl put his black coffee down right by his laptop.

"Yeah, this is my first day here." She gave him a flirty grin while he was sizing her up. She must love the attention, he assumed. Without waiting for her to go on, he introduced himself and asked for her name.

"Alyssa."

"Alyssa," he repeated, smiling as her fingers 'accidentally' brushed against his arm. She didn't need to tell him how much she wanted him to take her on this table. Her body language already gave herself away. As he watched her leave, there was only one thing on his mind: he needed to have her, one way or another.

Harry came back in the afternoon, looking very happy, which was unusual to Y/N. The first thing he would always say when he entered their flat was either "I'm tired" or "is there anything to eat?" So when he was this elated, there must be something wrong with him, or with the world. And so she had to ask. His reaction, however, wasn't something she could've seen coming.

"Why do you suddenly care about me?" He grumbled instead of giving her a proper answer. His eyes were glued to the phone, not sparing her a single glimpse.

"Just curious, that's all," she replied, indifferent on the outside, disappointed on the inside. She wished he knew she'd spent most of her Sunday in the kitchen, trying to figure out how to make him a cake. The least he could do was try not to be so rude. Oh well, he would find out eventually, until then, she would just have to tolerate.

.

.

.

"Who's Y/N?"

Harry flinched when Alyssa mentioned the name, that was when he saw the text on his phone that said: We're out of eggs.

"I just bought some yesterday, did she really finish them all?" He muttered under his breath. For a second, he forgot that Alyssa had to ditch her shift to sit here with him. He should be talking to her, instead of writing a whole paragraph to tell Y/N that she should only consume three eggs a week. Even he couldn't explain why he must worry. When it came to Y/N, he just did.

"Is she your girlfriend?" Alyssa asked as she noticed the change in his expression. It was then that Harry put the device down, shaking his head. "No, she's my flatmate."

"So you're living with just her?"

"Yeah."

Although the girl said nothing else, Harry could guess what was on her mind. "There's nothing going on between us," he quickly added. If Alyssa thought he had feelings for Y/N, she wouldn't want to see him anymore, and he couldn't let that happen.

But her next comment was what he would never expect. "It's funny." She laughed. "A guy, and a girl, living together. You've never looked at her and wondered if it could be something more?"

Harry snorted as he shook his head no. Him and Y/N? Pssst. Only when pigs fly.

"I'd love to meet her," Alyssa said, causing Harry's eyes to grow wide. None of his past hookups had ever asked to meet his flatmate, so he wasn't sure how to respond. But on second thought, Alyssa wasn't another hookup. They hadn't had sex, and he was genuinely interested in her. He hated to admit, but he was expecting something more than just casual sex. Of course, he thought she was attractive and definitely still wanted to her naked in his bed. But she felt different from the others, and he'd like to see how far this would go.

"You can come to my flat sometimes, and I'll introduce you two to each other," he said after thinking twice, watching the smile grow on Alyssa's face.