15. The After Effects

Start from the beginning

Arghhh! How come I don't remember anything? What happened yesterday? I tried hard to recall but it only resulted in the headache being increased. I felt to scream out of pain but I didn't as I don't want to bother aunty anymore.

"I don't remember anything. Did something serious happen?" I asked confused. She again looked restless and avoided meeting my gaze. I wondered what did I do yesterday. Did I do something which shouldn't be done? Is it something serious? She is scaring me with her silence.

"Actually Pia, you were drunk and-" She was cut in middle by a cute little girl's giggling and laughing, who came running into the room.

_____

Swayam's POV

Next morning I woke up and felt some freshness in the air of my room. Something is different today. I feel as if my chest is lifted off a huge burden. I feel relieved. Maybe because I opened upto everyone yesterday.

As I sat up and rested my back on the headboard, my gaze fell on the huge photo of my Sharon that hung on the wall opposite to my bed. I smiled involuntarily and I quickly pulled the duvet off me, stepping down the bed.  I went and stood in front of her.

"This is all done by you right?" I asked and it sounded silly to my own self. Ofcourse, I am so stupid to ask my question to a photo frame but something about it made me believe it was her wish that I open upto my friends and feel a bit relaxed with my sudden outburst.

"I love you!" I whispered, leaned in and kissed her picture. The cold photo pressed against my lips and then I realised what was I doing. I smacked my forehead and started doing my daily chores. As I climbed down the stairs after getting ready, I noticed Taani arranging the dinning area for the breakfast. I strode towards her and passed a smile.

"Good morning Taani!" I greeted as I sat on the table. I noticed mom is missing at this time, the time of breakfast which is quite unusual.

"Good morning bhai! Looks like someone is in great mood?" Taani asked skeptically eying me and I chuckled to her statement.

"Where is mom and dad?" I asked turning my plate upside down to serve the food.

"Mom is in guest room with Pia." She said and I stopped mid way serving the food to my plate with the spoon hanging in air. Shit! I totally forgot about her! How can I?  She is in my home. Is she up by now? How would she be feeling now? I hope the headache isn't much severe. Did she had her breakfast? And most importantly, does she remember anything from last night?

I felt a hand wrap around my hand which held the spoon and looked up to see Taani serving me the food with a sweet smile on her lips. I was brought out my thoughts by her voice, saying me to eat the food and I realised what was I thinking all this while.

Freak! Why was I even thinking about her? Okay, I agree that I can't avoid or ignore her in my life, especially after what all happened yesterday but I will not think about her anymore. I will not let her affect me. Yes! I will not let anyone pity me.

"Swayu uncle!" A small joyful squeal brought me back to the present. Alia ran and stood beside my chair with one of the widest smiles ever seen. I smiled at her and said,

"Good morning Princess." and pecked her forehead to which she just giggled.

"Gooooooooood moooorning to you and to Mumma too." she sang and turned towards Taani.

"Good morning Alia. Come now, have your breakfast. " Taani said serving some extra food on her plate to feed her but immediately Alia started making faces, clearly showing she doesn't want to eat the thing on plate.