Always the outcast (prinxiety ft logicality)

Start from the beginning

I woke up to a particularly annoying bird, before my alarm is supposed to go off. Ugh, great way to start the day.
I went to my bathroom, stepping quietly so I didn't wake my father, who had passed out on the couch.
Looking in the mirror, I immediately noticed it.
My eye was very swollen and a gross color. Black, blue and purple, not blending well.
Black eyes are nasty.
I crept back to my room and searched under my bed. My hand brushed a bag, exactly what I was looking for. My makeup bag. This was obviously hidden from my dad, because if he saw it, I wouldn't be able to walk for months. Apparently, makeup is for girls and girls only. Boys with makeup are sinners, or whatever the hell he thinks.
But, I like makeup. Its fun, its a great form of self expression and it looks nice. But now, I need foundation.
The black eye wasn't the worst one I've ever had, so I knew how to cover it.
Lots of foundation and a bit of concealer.
It hurt like hell, but I got covered.

I left before my dad woke up, leaving a note.
I ran to school, thankful that it was only 10 blocks away.
The day went by exhaustingly slow. Nothing interesting happened until Princey Boy came over and annoyed me.
I was sitting against a tree, listening to music when the walking musical sat down next to me.
He pulled out one of my earbuds and softly said,
"What happened to your eye?"
My breath hitched. Was it obvious?
"I can tell. Next time, I recommend the tattoo covering foundation, you can buy it at the drugstore." Its as if he read my mind.
"W-what?" I stuttered.
"Well, if I was covering up a black eye, there is this kind of foundation stuff that covers tattoos, and I think that would work better." Roman explained, putting his hand on my shoulder.
"Why are you giving me advice?" I asked, feeling a weird sensation at Romans touch.
"Because I do that to my friends." Roman said, as if it was obvious.
I knew my eyes went big.
"Um, are you okay?" Roman was confused by my facial expressions.
"I don't have friends." I admitted.
"Nonsense. Im your friend." Roman pointed to himself.
"Trust me, you don't want to be friends with me." I said, moving away.
"But what if I do? Because I do." He said, smiling.
He had a cute smile.
Wait? What?
"I have secrets, Roman. Lots of them. And friends don't keep secrets. Therefore, we are not friends." Sh**. Now he's going to ask about my secrets.
"What secrets?" Its like I can predict the future.
"Not telling."
"Cmon. Tell me!"
"Never."
I started walking away, but he followed me, and kept asking. It was so annoying. He was trying to break me.
And im sad to say, he did.
He kept bugging and bugging and bugging me.
My hands became sweaty, my blood rate increased.
And then I cracked.
"MY DAD ABUSES ME, OKAY! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!" I screamed.
And then I collapsed.
I felt lightheaded, I was trembling, I felt a tingling feeling.
I was having a panic attack. Behind a dumpster. At school.
Roman POV
I thought it was friendly bickering. But now Virgil has collapsed on the ground. He was having a panic attack. I've helped Logan through one before.
But now I don't know what to do! He just said that he dad abuses him, which is f***ing awful.
But I had to help him.
I sat next to him.
"Hey. Verge. Just breathe. Its okay. Theres nothing to be afraid of. Keep breathing. Do you need to be alone?" I asked.
He shook his head.
So I sat with him, behind a smelly dumpster, trying to help him.
After 20-ish minutes, he finally calmed down.
He rested his head on my shoulder and cried.
And cried.
Until he checked his phone.
"SH**!!!!" He yelled as he jumped up.
"What?" He startled me.
"MY DAD TOLD ME TO BE HOME BY 3:30 BUT ITS 4:15! HES GOING TO ACTUALLY KILL ME! HE WONT GIVE ME DINNER FOR THE NEXT MONTH, I BET!" He yelled, panicking again.
Then I remembered something. My dad was a police officer.
"Virgil, come to my house." I said, calmly, approaching him.
"HOW IS THAT GOING TO HELP?" He yelled.
"My dad is a police officer! Do you have any physical evidence against him?"
Then he slipped off his jacket. His arms were covered, and I mean covered, with bruises and scars.
It was terrible.
"I-I al-also rec-corded some of the th-things he said." He stuttered, opening voice memos on his phone.
"Proof enough!" I exclaimed and with that, I took his hand we walked to my house.
"Do you know if he can go to prison?" I asked.
"For serious bodily injury, which is what he did, he can go to jail for up to 16 years. He could also get fined for up to $750,00." He said.
Obviously he had done his research.
"What do you mean by 'serious injury'?" I asked him.
"Well, you've probably seen the crutches, the casts, and the boots. He breaks my bones or seriously injures me, so I run to the Walgreens. They let me borrow that kind of stuff, and I sleep at motels, so he doesn't know. Because when he does this stuff, he sends me away for weeks, and sometimes months, and is never happy when I come back." He explained.
Thats really f***ing messed up.
We finally got to my house. I opened the door and my mom was in the living room.
"Roman! Hi honey! You're home late. Who's your, um, friend?" She asked.
I then realized that we were still holding hands.
We let go.
"This is Virgil. Is dad home?" I asked quickly.
"I think you meant to say 'hi mom. How are you?' Right?" She half-joked.
"Yes. Hello mom. But I really need to talk to dad." I said, getting a bit annoyed.
Virgil looked uncomfortable.
"He's at the station, (2000 words) honey." She said sweetly.
"Then take us there." I put my foot down. I could see Virgil smiling a bit.
"Why?" She looked very concerned.
"I'll tell you in the car." I was already reaching for the door handle.
I sat in the back of the car, so Virgil wasn't alone.
And we told my mom everything. And she cried.
It felt like the longest 10 minutes when we arrived at the police station.
"Hello Mrs Prince! And young Mr Prince! You are growing up to be quite a handsome young man." The receptionist smiled.
Virgil muffled a laugh.
"Thank you, Ms Murphy. Where is my father?" I asked.
"Oh! He's in his office." She exclaimed.
We walked to his office.
"Roman! Fancy seeing you here! And who's this?" My dad exclaimed once we walked in.
"Im, uh, Virgil Black, sir." Virgil said, stiffening.
My father shook his hand and he loosened up a bit.
"We actually have to talk to you about something." I got to the point.
My dad gestured to the two seats on the other side of his desk, and we sat down.
Virgil nervously told my dad about the abuse. And showed him his arms.
Then he played the voice recordings and they were terrible.
He also pulled out a letter from Walgreens about his borrowing of medical supplies.
That was evidence enough.

My dad found the address of Virgils house and found his assistant.
They left the building.
He didn't tell me what was really happening until later.

But my mom took us home.
"Hmm. I guess you have nowhere to stay. You can stay with us! We don't have another bedroom though. Except the basement, but that has no heating so its very cold. You may have to sleep on the couch...." she listed.
"Or he can sleep on the air mattress, in my room!" I suggested, not really realizing that I just said that the boy im in love with could sleep in my room.
"That would work! Virgil, is that alright with you, honey?" She asked sweetly.
"Yes. Thats okay." He sounded very grateful.
So, thats where he slept.

Virgil POV
I was sitting on the air mattress in Romans room when his dad came home.
We ran out to hear what had happened.
"Well, we caught him. Used Virgils evidence against him. Now he's serving jail time, knowingly seriously injuring his own biological son gave him 10 years." He explained.
It was one of the best moments of my life.
two weeks later
Its my second week sleeping on Romans floor. And I developed feelings for him.
His family is so nice too, they bought me this cool zip up hoodie with plaid patches which is way cooler than my old black one.
But Roman was the nicest. He even did my makeup one day.
But he's so sweet and so cute and so funny.
Sh**. I love him.
That night, we were laying in our beds (or mattresses in my case) and he blurted out
"Do you ever love someone so much it physically hurts you because you know its one-sided?"
That felt like a stab in the heart.
He loved someone else.
"Yeah." I responded, my voice cracking.
"Who?" He exclaimed, quietly so he didn't wake his parents.
"I can't tell you." I said, having already said too much.
"I'll tell you mine!" He tried so hard.
The last thing I wanted to hear is this other boy he liked.
"I don't care!" I responded.
"But its you." He blurted.
My original instinct was to pinch myself but something happened before.
He kissed me. His lips were on mine, and it felt right. It felt amazing.
He finally pulled back and his eyes widened. I got scared that I did something wrong.
"Oh my g-d im such an idiot. I know you don't like me and I should've asked for your permission and im so stupid im sorry." He rambled.
Then I kissed him. I needed him to know I liked him back, and in that moment words failed (A/N now Words Fail is stuck in my head.)
I kissed him like it was the end.
And he did the same.
"I was talking about you, idiot." I teased after we pulled away for air.

So, after that, I slept in Romans bed with him until we went off to college. I got an art scholarship.
But even then, we were roommates, and after that, we moved in together.

And got married.
I never saw my dad again.
I never went to bed hungry again.
I never slept in my bed alone again.

A/N
Okay so this my be one of the longest chapters I've written. Its over 2700 words. Im sorry (and you're welcome? Depending on how you look at it) for such a long chapter. His was also my first requested chapter. I had like, 8 creative bursts and wrote them all down, resulting in this. Sorry for the sad bits. Hope you liked it though. See you later, alligators
~ Brynlee

Btw: heres the request