Always the outcast (prinxiety ft logicality)

Requested by: @Just_Sam_Bialke
Human and High School AU. TRIGGER WARNING: CHILD ABUSE

Virgils walked in the doors of his school, greeted by no one, like usual.
He walked past all the students, talking and laughing. Everything felt like it was in slow motion. The other kids were happy. He wasn't. Moving against them at a normal speed while the rest of the world was going the other way slowly.
He walked to his locker, alone.
He got his supplies, alone.
He went to class, alone.
He survived class, alone.
He did everything alone.
He thought it was because people didn't notice he was there. He thought it was that nobody knew he existed.
But he was wrong.
Roman Prince noticed him. That may only be one person, but thats more than Virgil thought.
Roman Prince noticed him. Roman Prince, popular as heck. Beautiful as heck, even with braces. He was a star football player, the lead in the musical, and always surrounded by his friends.
Specifically Patton and Logan. Patton was the king of extracurriculars. Student council president, editor of the year book, president of the dance committee and a cheerleader. Logan was the school brainiac. Tutor, debate captain, president of the mathletes, spelling bee champion.
But Roman didn't only notice Virgil. He noticed every single thing about him. How he rarely smiled, how his purple hair was grown out, how he always had his sketchbook, how he only wore dirty old high top Converse. But he especially noticed that Virgil always wore long sleeves. Always. Long pants too.
Roman had noticed this boy in silence for three years and fallen in love in silence for three years, doubting Virgil knew of his existence but he decided he would try to become his friend or maybe more.
Patton immediately was on board with his idea, he loved new friends. Logan was hesitant about trusting him, but saw how happy his boyfriend was about it and agreed.

"Hello! Im Roman Prince!" Roman said very enthusiastically to Virgil later that day.
"Yeah, so?" He responded, only briefly looking up from his sketchbook.
Roman sat next to him.
"Whatcha drawin?" He asked, scooting close to the boy to see over his shoulder, making them both blush.
"None of your business." Virgil mumbled, confused as to why this kid was so interested in him.
"You never told me your name, you know." Roman said.
"Please leave me alone. You're just here to bully me." Virgils eyes felt wet.
Shiitake mushrooms. He was NOT going to cry in public.
"But im not! I genuinely want to be friends with you! I would never bully someone, especially you." Roman began blushing again.
"How am I supposed to trust you? I don't trust people Princey." Virgil snapped.
"Im sorry. I guess that was a lot to ask. Can we start over?" Roman realized his mistake.
"Whatever." Virgil rolled his eyes.
Roman took that as a yes.
"Im Roman. You may know who I am, I play football. And you are?" He started over.
"An outcast." Virgil thought.
"Virgil." He said.
"Ooooo. Thats a cool name!" The prince like boy half squealed.
"Thanks, I guess." Virgil shrugged.

Just then, the bell rang, signaling the end of the day.
Virgil slammed shut his sketchbook, shoved it in his backpack and darted away.
"Well, goodbye, I guess." Roman said, more to himself than anyone else as he watched Virgil run away.

Virgil POV
I ran, as fast as I could, back home. Why was that Roman kid so keen on being friends with me? I slowed down. SH** I need to hurry.
I was out of breath by the time I reached my house.
I walked in, greeted by my father, sitting on the couch, yelling at the television and smoking. There was also a beer on the coffee table. Along with 4 more empty cans.
My father didn't look away from the tv as he said
"You're, late."
Sh**, now im in big trouble.
I looked at the clock. I was 2 minutes late getting home.
"What? Are you not going to respond?" His voice was getting louder with every word.
"Im s-sorry." I said, getting quieter as I talked.
"LOUDER! And no stuttering!" He yelled at me.
"Im sorry." I repeated, louder.
"Why were you late?" He snarled.
"I was talking to someone." I mumbled.
"SPEAK UP!" He yelled.
"I was talking to someone!" I said, louder.
"Did you just raise your voice at me?" My dad asked.
F**k, now im in really big trouble.
"N-no." I stammered.
"I said NO STUTTERING!" He kept yelling.
And then there was the first slap. Right across my face.
Then there was the second slap. Across the other side.
And then, well, then came the punches. Three, to be exact.
One in the stomach, one on my nose and one on my arm.
I grabbed my ribs after feeling the impact of the punch on my stomach.
"NOW GO TO YOUR ROOM! AND I DONT WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE UNTIL AFTER SCHOOL TOMORROW, AT 3:30 ON THE DOT!" He roared.
I raced to my room.
This was how most nights went. I would do something wrong, my dad would hit me, and I wouldn't be allowed to eat dinner.
Thats how it was, ever since my mom died. I was 8 years old, so if you're doing the math, its been 7 years.
7 years I've put up with the abuse.
And I just have to survive through high school, then im off on my own.
Im not going to college because theres no way in hell my dad will pay, I have no money and I don't qualify for a scholarship, because im not talented at anything.