Chapter Eighteen - Flashback and First Love

Start from the beginning

BEN looked at Annabel brushing the hair out of her face saying, "What are you angry about? You have lived here for years keeping up a happy façade but yet you have never really tell told any of us what truly angers you. " Annabel blinked looking at him before looking away keeping quiet letting out a small sigh muttering "It's my family.. I miss talking to them but I know I can't let them out knowing that it's safe again at our home.." as she looking at her bracelet. BEN watched her reaching over grabbing her hand saying, "You really miss home.. Why don't you start talking about it more.. Maybe remembering all the happy memories will make you a little happier and not have to go fighting people or other Creepypastas all the time like these past couple of days.. And you know I'll listen.. I love hearing you talk about your life back in Wonderland.." Annabel blinked interlacing her hand with his glancing at him saying, "Really? You don't mind listening to me and my stories?" BEN smiled a bit with a nod saying, "Of course I don't mind.. Now c'mon, talk to me, Anna.." Annabel blinked a few times moving to sit up looking at him feeling her eyes change into a mix of gold and orange smiling shyly softly saying, "Okay.."

End of Flashback

Loving you was young, and wild, and free

Loving you was cool, and hot, and sweet

Loving you was sunshine, safe and sound

A steady place to let down my defenses

But loving you had consequences

Flashback to Annabel and BEN being sixteen years old

Annabel let out a small squeal as she ran around the backyard away from BEN as she climbed up a tree sitting on a high branch letting out a giggle saying, "Can't catch my now Bennyyyyy!" BEN reached the tree resting his hands on his knees with a pant looking up at her with a grin saying, "C'mon Anna! You know I can't climb up there! You got to be fair!" Annabel grinned shaking her head ticking her tongue out at him saying "No way! You got to climb up and catch me in order to win the game!" BEN smiled watching her. He was entranced by her beauty and her smile and her laugh. He had his eyes on her ever since they first met and became best friends back when she first came to live at Slender's Mansion. Hearing her laugh made him so happy and seeing her smile at him makes his heart flutters. BEN really liked her.. But he didn't know if she returned the feeling..

Annabel looked at BEN with a smile on her face. She liked him. A lot. She liked his smile, how caring and protective he was, how he made her laugh, how funny he was and more. Ever since she met him, she was happy. Her heart was always full when she was with him and she liked that. Because well.. Annabel REALLY liked BEN.. But she doesn't know if he likes her back.. So she never asked and kept her feelings to herself..

Annabel stood up on the branch and started to bounce in her spot with a giggle calling out, "Come on BEN! Come and get meeee!" BEN blinked a few times as he snapped out of his trance as his eyes widen before looking at her with wide eyes saying "Annabel no! You're going to break the branch and fall!" And Annabel would tilt her head a bit saying, "I'm not going to break it! I've done this many times- AHHHH!" as the branch underneath Annabel snapped making her fall. BEN panicked before quickly rushing over and diving catching Annabel before she can hurt herself from the fall. Annabel let out a squeak quickly wrapping her arms around him burying her face into the crook of his neck as they both tumbled and rolled on the ground before coming to a stop. BEN let out a grunt moving a bit to lean back resting his hands at either side of Annabel's head looking down at her with a small grin softly saying, "Hey.. You okay?.. You didn't get hurt or anything right?.." Annabel let out a small noise fluttering her eyes open with a blink leaning back a bit blinking in surprise as her nose brushes against his as her eyes changed to orange nodding a bit softly saying, "Y-Yeah.. I'm okay.. Thank you for catching me.." "Anything for you, Anna.."