Chapter Thirty-Two

Elsa's P.O.V

At first, I saw was only blinding light. Then everything started to appear and I found myself in a vast garden. There were two people standing by a fountain. "Mama! Papa!" I cried, running to them.

"Elsa," My mother said, embracing me in a hug. "We are so proud of you."

"Y-you are?"

Father nodded. "How you stood up to Pitch and told him no after he hurt you. That took guts to do."

I smiled at them. I missed them both so much. Suddenly I heard a series of sobs. I turned towards the place where I came from. I could see Jack beside my body crying. "Jack," I whispered, my heart constricting.

Mother and Father placed their hands on my shoulders. "He loves you very much, you know."

I nodded. "I love him too."

"Elsa." I reluctantly tore my eyes from Jack to look to see who was talking to me.

"Manny," I whispered. I ran to him and gave him a hug around his thin waist.

"Walk with me," He said after I let go of him. I wrapped my arm around his outstretched arm. We started strolling along the bushes and flowers. "You were very brave standing up to Pitch."

I blushed. "Thank you."

"I'm sorry with what happened with Jack. That must've been hard."

I shrugged. "It wasn't his fault. It was Pitch's."

Manny nodded. After a beat, he said bluntly, "To get right to the point, I want you to make a decision."

I was taken back. "What decision?"

"Do you like it here?" Manny asked.

I nodded. "It's very peaceful and beautiful," I commented. I closed my eyes and listened to the chirping of the birds and the sound of water falling for a moment.

"There's so much more to this land. You can stay here and explore this land forever or you can go back to Earth."

I looked up at him. "What do you mean 'go back to Earth' exactly?"

"I mean, I want to know if you want to become a guardian."

"A guardian?" I whispered. "Isn't that what Jack is?"

"Yes, Elsa. He's immortal and will be like that until I bring him back to this land."

"When will that be?" I asked.

Manny smiled. "That's for me to know."

"Of course," I said rolling my eyes playfully.

"In all seriousness I want you to make a decision. Do you want to stay here with your parents or would you rather be with Jack and become a guardian until I call you back here?"

I thought for a moment. "Either way I'd end up with Jack and I'd come here, right?"

"Correct."

I bit my lip, thinking. I weighed all the pros and cons. Pros: I'd be with Jack longer, I can meet the other guardians, I'd be immortal. Cons: I'd leave my parents, I wouldn't be believed in, I'd have to see Anna age and die before my eyes.

"I-I think I want to... become a guardian." The thought of not being with Jack a minute longer was unbearable.

Manny's smile widened. "That's a wise decision, Elsa. I'll get you on your way."

"Before you do that can I do something first?"

"Of course," Manny nodded.

"Do you know where Jack's parents are?"

Jack's P.O.V

I was so scared that something bad happened to Elsa. "Go faster," I mumbled to the wind. The wind slowed down. I rolled my eyes. Of course, the wind had an attitude. It was like a teenage girl. Always looking for compliments and can get offended easily.

When we reached the lake I thanked the wind and sprinted towards the lights. When I reached the lake I was surprised to see lights surrounding Elsa's body. They swirled around and around her until she was lifted up. Her dress was still stained with blood. A lump formed in my throat. I watched as the lights turned brighter and brighter until I couldn't look at them anymore, they were so bright.

I turned back to look at Elsa when the brightness died down. All signs of the lights were gone and so was Elsa's body. I gasped. "What?" I ran to where she was laying a minute before but its like she just vanished.

I looked up at the moon. "Is this some kind of joke to you?" I demanded, shaking my fist at him. "First you take away her life and now her body? How could you! That was all I had left of her." I collapsed on my knees and put my face in my hands. "Why me?" I groaned.

"You know, you shouldn't talk to Manny like that. He doesn't like it very much."

I lifted my face up and saw the most beautiful sight in front of me. Elsa. She was wearing the blue ice dress she had on before except it had no tears in it or blood. I scrambled to get on my feet. "Elsa!" We ran to each other and I hugged her tight.

"You're alive!" I held her at arm's length to see if it was actually her. Every part of her was genuine. Her eyes, hair, even her smell was exactly the same as I remembered it. "You're alive," I said with disbelief. It felt a million weights fell off my shoulders.

Elsa giggled. "I'm glad you noticed." She leaned and kissed my tears off my cheeks.

"Wait... does that make you a-a-"

"Guardian," Elsa finished for me. "Manny asked me if I wanted to be one and I said yes."

"To be with me?" I asked.

Elsa nodded. I couldn't help but laugh. I wasn't alone anymore. I had Elsa. "Now we can go to Arendelle and tell Anna the good news."

Elsa's smile dropped a little bit. "About that..." She looked down at her hands. "I don't know... I know this is ridiculous but what if I can't control it again?"

I took her hands and held them in mine. "I'll be there with you the whole time. I'll never leave you ever again. I promise." I might not have kept my other promises but this promise I was going to keep until the end of time.

❆ ❆ ❆

I am officially all done with this story!!! It's blizzarding outside right now and I am by the fire enjoying the warmth. Stay warm my lovies!!