chapter 21 : i want to give this relation a chance........

Start from the beginning

navya : what.......

manik : i know you are angry but first please tell me where she can be..........

navya : she must be in marine drive.....she goes there whenever she is upset.....and manik you better sort it out.......

manik : yes navya....thank you......

manik reached marine drive to see nandini looking at the beach........she was looking at it blankly......as if she hid all her emotions from the entire world..........manik settled beside her......nandini felt his presence but did not turn to him.......

manik ( looking at the beach ) : you know nandini why i have trust issues..........

listening this nandini looked at him as she wanted to know........manik knew she was waiting for him to speak so he continued.......

manik : when i was small i had a very happy family....mom dad and me.........though we were not that rich we were happy and content being with each other...........but every thing started changing from the day dad wanted to extend his buisness........he made a branch of malhotra industries in pune too because of which he had to make frequent trips to pune.....soon our buisness started prospering and it became hard to manage so he started staying there and would come to visit us whenever he could.......but we started missing him........these long distances started causing a rift between mom and dad..............soon misunderstandings happened between them.......mom used to complain that he is not giving them time.....and dad used to say that it is difficult to come because of work...........soon their fights turned serious and dad decreased his visits and mom started staying out with her friends.........but in all this they forgot about their son who needed their love and attention........i was only 6 years back then.......

he took a pause to wipe his tears which started flowing as he was finally sharing his pain with someone......no one knew about this except cabir not even fab3.......nandini also looked at manik teary eyed..........she never thought that he had to go through so much when he was no where at fault.........she held his hand as a sign to show him that she was there.......feeling her hand manik looked at her......she thought that may be he did not feel comfortable.....she was about to remove her hand when manik held it tighter and entwined their fingers.......

manik : it did not end there.......it was my 8th birthday.....after lots of pleadings dad agreed to come to my birthday.......i was happy......my dad....my superhero was coming.....i knew that this birthday would be memorable.....it is memorable but not in the way i wanted.........dad came.......halfway through the party every thing was fine.....but then soon they got into a fight and this time it turned out to be a big one.....they almost decided to go for a divorce......

Manik chocked while speaking the divorce word.......while nandini closed her eyes feeling his pain and her grip on his hand tightened........

manik : they din't even think of me before deciding to break their ties.......but soon my grandparents stepped in to handle the matter and they stopped them from taking a divorce.....they asked them to stay together at least for my sake.......mom realized how she ignored me.....she apologized and came back to me.......but dad he never came........whenever Dada dadi used to ask him to come home.....he used to say that he is busy as he wanted to give me a secured future.......but i did not want money i wanted my dad.........then one day he came and sent me to London for my studies...... and when i returned he came back to us but till then i lost my superhero forever......we eventually became distant.....from then on it was me..mom and fab4.......

after his confession there was a silence between then and this time it was not awkward.....it was calm and soothing......it was giving their souls the much needed peace.......

manik : that's why i did not want to get married......i was afraid that even i would have a strained relation like them.....i did not want that......that is why i decided to have a contract marriage.......but now.......i don't want to......i know i feel something for you........i want to know about you......i want to know the real you........i want to live a life time with you nandini......i want to give this relation a chance......?......will you give this relation a chance nandini.........?

nandini was in dilemma....she din't know what to do.....she was the one who did not want to bring him in her messed up past......she took a deep breath and looked into his eyes......she could see a myriad of emotions floating in his eyes.......honesty....trust....admiration and also a fear that she might say no.......she closed her eyes not able to bear the intensity of his eyes.......there was a war between her mind and heart........

and for the first time she decided to listen to her heart.......she leaned close to him and put her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes......manik froze for a second but then he got her answer...... he smiled brightly and wrapped his arm around her and breathed a sigh of relief.......both felt peace in each others arms........

both felt peace in each others arms

_________________________________________________________

how was the update😍.........?

how was manik - cabir scene😊......?

how did cabir get navya's number🙈......?

time for some cavya😎.......

1700+ words.......i need some rest now........

do vote comment and follow🙏......

it gives me motivation to write😁............

with love......

Devils_symphony💖.......