chapter seventeen

song : daniel caesar - get you

"Let's escape" I hear her whispering against my next

"As much as I would want that, you know we can't. Especially you." I caress her hair gently

"I'll take a week off. Skip with me." She kisses me neck

"Where will we go?" I ask

"Anywhere you want" She breathes

"Megan" I chuckle

"Fine. Let's go to Mexico."

"Mexico?" I say dumbfounded. I thought she just wanted to skip work ; not go into a whole different country.

"Yes. Trust me. I'm booking the tickets tonight. Get ready" she bites her lip

"Alright" I say, not knowing what we were getting ourselves into

She fell asleep into my arms a couple of minutes after this. We held each other and I wish this moment lasted forever.

It is now Sunday morning. I haven't seen Megan since Friday night. The only thing I had from her was a text saying she'll pick me up today at 10am. It is currently 9:40am and I am more than ready. Im not usually early, but everything is different when it comes to Megan.

I hear my charged phone buzzing in my pocket and look down. A text from her, saying she'll be here in five minutes. I smile.
I told Matt about Megan and I and told him to mark me sick. I was surprised when he accepted. He told me he trusts Megan, but it's the last time he's allowing me to skip school.

I look once again at my single luggage and my backpack; am I really going to Mexico just because Megan and I want to escape? Are we really going to get to act as a normal couple, without fearing being caught on the streets?

I hear my doorbell ringing and open it, revealing her beautiful happy face. Her hair is up in a messy bun and she's hardly wearing makeup, making her freckles and blue eyes come out, being even more beautiful than usually. What on earth did I do to deserve her?
I bring my body closer to hers, hold her face and kiss her lips.

"Well I missed you too" She chuckles against my lips.

I smile and kiss her soft lips again.

"Are we ready?" I ask, blushing

"I don't know, are you?" She smiles

"I am more than ready" I say

"I am more than more than ready" She says and I laugh.

I take my luggage, making sure I didn't forget my phone, charger, ID, wallet, keys and other important stuff.
We exit my apartment and I lock it, putting the keys back in my backpack.

Megan took my hand and when I opened my eyes again, I was at the airport.

i am so sorry for taking so long for such a short chapter ugh! im the worst, but my finals were coming and i didn't have time to write :( now they're over though ❤️

this book is almost over (i will see if im going to make it longer, depending on your advice)

by the way the song i wrote really matches with the text !

leave comments below xx