seven

If he hadn't have left with some then he might have entered in and would have hit him with a lamp or anything good enough to give aryaman's face a memorable mark.

But nandani and manik were both on the verge of crying because of the memory as both thought of their happy days, they had together. All those moments came back gushing in their veins as the song kept ringing in their heads.

"the song we sang together."

There was time when their lips used to twitch into a smile just my remembering it but and here was the time when nandini couldn't stand it. She didn't want to remind herself about that that day when they sang and the magic created. She didn't want to remember that.

While Manik. He was helpless. He didn't know and could do anything but regret. Regret the day when he thought he would vanish from her life after he would won the bet. He didn't knew that while making her fall in love, he would be the one falling harder and deeper. So deeper that now even a simple song was piercing in his ear. He felt his ears would bleed if he would hear it anymore.

But he remained there, standing and not moving a inch, without blinking his eyes in fear that he would and Nandini would no longer be there then. He was staring nandini keenly, just her. Rest of the surrounding was blurred until aryan kissed her forehead.

" you moron keep your lips to yourself." and he closed his hands into a fist.

Manik was already to go in and to rain punches to distort aryaman's pretty face but when he saw nandini smiling at him. Floor slipped and manik felt like he was falling in a never ending tunnel. The anger he had for aryaman was replaced by hurt.

** nandini's pov **

Lastly the song ended and I couldn't be more happier. Cause until the song was ringing in my head, I wasn't able to think straight. All the good memories I had with manik were run back to me.

The memories I had pushed afar in an attempt to forget them but seemed like I wasn't strong enough, our song was enough to drag me back to the memory lane when I had seen dreams with manik. And had promised our forever. And I felt may be our forever was of few months only.

I was returned to reality when aryaman kissed my forehead. And I smiled, my eyes shining because of the tears I was holding. But my smile was genuine and I didn't need to fake it.

And why would I even when it wasn't something new. Aryaman had kissed my forehead and even my cheek and always like a friend and he never had crossed his line ever which always made me respect him more and hate manik more.

And why would I think manik had respected me when all he did was to fake things just for the sake of the bet ended. I stopped myself from thinking anymore about him. I was right now with aryaman and I suppose to enjoy this time. But my mind was exhausted like it had ran in a marathon. I wanted to go home and call it a day.

** pov over **

Aryaman sensed nandini's tiredness so he asked if she wanted to go back. Getting a nod from her aryaman fetched his jacket with he had hung on the chair while nandini took her clutch from the table. Both smiled and proceeded to leave.

Manik noticed that they were coming out so he hid behind the wall so they couldn't see him and to his relief none of them see him. Taking few deep breaths manik went back to his table to pay off his bills for the dinner he had with the shock which came absolutely free. He laughed a pain laugh and drove to his apartment he had in Delhi.

** manik's pov **

I was going in my apartment, driving rashly. I didn't even know why I was so furious. Was it because nandini acted like I was a stranger to her and there was nothing between us ever or was it because she was moving on with that ugly boy.