" Do you think its a stalker?" Lilian asked

"Let's not jump into conclusion, just yet "I tried of reassuring her.

" should I get the investigating department on it?"

No, I am not going to let them investigate something we are not aware of. Besides it could be a prank call, you know people do it these days."

" Anna, the more reason to involve them. The call came through your office line, for all we know the person has details about you."

"Let's not worry about that." I smiled wearily

Or Should I be worried that I have an admirer and a stalker?

" I have a meeting in five, take any calls that come in." I grabbed my tablet then approached the door " and tell no one about this call" I will sort it out myself.

" Yes, mam" she nods as I left the office.

***"*******

I walked into the conference room where everyone was seated waiting for the meeting to begin. I hazily breaths in and out. Call it to stage fright; I get that when I am about to present a strategic idea to the board of directors.
Sliding into my seat, three seats opposite mine a familiar face waved at me.

Philip

I gave away a smile in which case the fright left me.

" Are you ready" the voice popped into my ear.

John, my friend and co-partner

" Yes, and it's so great to see you too, John"I gave out in a sarcastic tone.

John smiled and held his hands out to greet the man next to him.
Mr Patterson, our primary investor. He owes forty-five per cent of Maxwell stocks and thinks he gets to call the short at every opportunity a shareholder meeting is called. Just last year, he requested that we stop hiring to converse the company's resource and channel it to his son's amateur game company. And when the board of directors would not accept his request, he threatened the need to take out fifteen per cent off his investment. Days later we had a new investment worth more than his investment. Who knows what we would be dealing with today from Mr Patterson.

I nodded my head in greeting when our eyes met. I leaned towards John to whisper my concern. "Should Phil be in here?"

" Anna, the boy is not lost. By right he should be here if that's what you mean."

" You know that's not what I meant. "

" Can we talk about this after the meeting."

" Fine." I smiled hiding my distress.

" Good" he stood up and walked to the podium.

" Greetings ladies and gentlemen. I welcome you to today's meeting."

I could barely stay focus at John's welcome speech and analyses. The phone call had before the meeting kept recurring in my mind.

A stalker or a prank call?

************
Two hours later.

" Anna, your presentation was outstanding. I bet everyone will vote for the AR communication." John said once everyone except Philip had left the conference room.

" You gave me little time to prepare but thanks to Lilian she did the bulk of work."

" You have trained her to work in your path," Philip said while he sat next to me. "Hello, Annie" at the call of my name a calm jolt came down my spine.