Heaven & Hell

Earth. What a magnificent place, you hadn't ever had the chance to explore it. You were still young, a little naive. At least that's what the others told you. But you were insistent that your first assignment would be on Earth. You wanted to see it for yourself. You'd also gained the characteristic of being stubborn. Emotions were common in young angels. But lucky for you, that stubborness landed you in the heart of the world, London, England.

Your superior gave you the asignment of protecting a special young boy. You hadn't been told what was so special about him, but you had to protect him from the evils that lurked on Earth. Bad people were trying to get to him, so you were the one who had to make sure he didn't become corrupted. Technically, you were supposed to avoid humans. Just watch from a distance, just to be safe.

But you couldn't help but talk to them, become close to them. Especially the little boy you had to protect, against the orders you were given you decided to talk to him. He was very young, about 12 years old. You thought it would be easier to protect him if you could actually talk to him and perhaps get to know him.

You've been watching over this boy for a while now, becoming friends with him. You had a daily routine now, every day when the clock strikes 2:00pm you would meet him at an icecream parlor and go for a walk. To you, Earth didn't seem so bad. It was beautiful how humans have developed and turned this world into their own. Also, the taste of food made your body tingle. Food was definitely something you loved about humans.

It was a usual early morning on earth for you, sitting in a little coffee shop in Ian's neighbourhood. You always stayed close, so far you haven't had much trouble. You were warned about bad people trying to take him away, but nothing of the sort has happened since you've arrived. It's been smooth sailing, as humans put it. Such interesting creatures. A lot of them obsessed with a drink known as coffee, some of them even become angry if they can't get it. Though, you've come to understand it after you tried it. Now you're here every morning, sipping on a cup.

"You're practically one of them" You jumped a little and looked up from your cup, seeing a fellow angel. Aristol. "I told Mariel you were to young for this" He shook his head, looking you up and down. "You better start acting like an angel before someone figures out how young and stupid you are" Aristol was supposed to be in the position you were, watching over the special boy.

"I think I blend in better like this actually" You say with a smile, looking at your brother. "And I've been doing well looking after Ian, hes a sweet little boy" You sipped the coffee, more out of spite now that Aristol was watching. He hated humans for some odd reason. Anything to do with them, he was disgusted. "We'll see" He said and with that, he was gone.

As you walked to go meet your friend, you noticed him in the park, already there. You thought it odd, usually you two would grab the icecream and then walk to the park together. You noticed he was already with someone, sitting on the bench.

You walked more hastily towards them, an errie feeling filling your stomach. "Hey Ian" You came around the bench, coming face to face with Ian and an unfamiliar man.

Both of them had an icecream in hand. "(Y/N)! Hi!" He said, looking up and smiling at you. "I made another friend" He said, icecream dripping down his face. You looked at the man sitting next to him. "Ian, you should be more careful" You say in a soft tone, looking at the little boy protectively. "Don't worry pretty lady, I'm not here to hurt him" The man stood up from the bench, towering over you.

"Just keeping him company" The man smiled down at you, his bright green eyes scanning over you as he licked the vanilla cone. "And enjoying some delicious icecream" His smile turned into more of a smirk as he looked at you, his eyes baring into your soul. "He's super nice (Y/N)" Ian said smiling up at you. "(Y/N), what a lovely, angelic name" He looked down at the little boy. "I'll be seeing you soon young man" He reached out and ruffled Ians hair.