The Underground

A/N and WARNING; Hello! I would like to warn that this one shot contains themes of infidelity. I in NO way condone this, it is pure fiction and just for entertainment purposes.

That being said, I hope you enjoy it. I had a lot of fun writing it!

~~~~~~~~

"Jess, I'm starting to second guess this" I whisper to my friend as she attempts to pick a lock that might set off every alarm in the building.

We were lucky enough that there isnt security over here.

"Mars, we are doing this for you. You said you were looking for an adventure and it just so happens that this is one of the hottest parties of the year"

The lock in the door clicks and she turns to look at me.

"Score!" She exclaims with delight, pulling the heavy door open.

"I've heard rumors about the families who throw these parties, Jess. Do you really want to be found dead in the river?" She laughed and pulled me into a hallway.

Suddenly the muffled thumping of the music is much louder.

"Well, at least it's an adventure" She smiled and takes one of the masks I am holding.

"Besides, we both look like we own half of England. No one will know" She puts the mask over her face.

It covered most of her face, it was gorgeous. It was black with navy blue jewels.

I thought the feather was a bit much, but Jess has always had a flair for the dramatic.

"Come on, Mars, put on your mask and have fun. You need this" She took the mask from my hands and put it on my face.

"Just pretend that this is your life. Walk around like you have 20 million in your bank account" She took my hands and smiled.

"Come on, let's go find the fun" She laughed and pulled me down the hallway.

We found the stairwell and Jess pulled me all the way until we found the doors leading to where the party is.

It is hard to ignore the eyes as we made our way there.

People scattered around the halls in fancy dresses, wearing masks that only showed their piercing eyes or perfectly painted lips.

It's intimidating as hell.

I need a drink.

When we get into the main hall of the party, it is stunning.

I have no idea how we managed to get in.

We were in the heart of the city in one of the largest hotels in England. They shut this place down for a week just to get ready for this party.

"I'm going to find the bar" I say to Jess. She nods at me, but her eyes are checking out something else.

Someone else.

"Time to get me a rich man" She smiles at me.

"Text me if you need me, alright Mars?" She squeezed my hand and then picked herself up and walked towards a man in a very expensive looking suit.

I want to have fun, I do. But worry and doubt floods my brain.

Am I really going to do this?

I sigh and attempt to pick myself up the way Jess had done.

Just, find the bar, have a drink. You will be fine.

I can feel the eyes on me as I walk past people, all of them dressed in some of the most luxurious dresses and suits I have ever seen.