Chapter 5: Jebel HAfit

Setting: August 2018, 5 years ago. The gang decided to spend the weekend camping in Jebel Hafit. Although it was summer, the high altitude of Jabel Hafit was cool and breezy. The gang, all 12 of them were setting up their tents on top of the mountain: Olivia – Michelle – Wendy – Freddy – Kevin – Ryan – Seth – Sara – Michael – Mia – Timmy – Andy. They were the only visitors that night. 2 new characters are also present here, George and Medo (they are a couple, loud & proud)

Note #1: This is a flashback scene.

Note #2: The gang haven't met Candy (Michelle's fling) and Aaron (Olivia's fiancé) yet.

Note #3: Kylie is not present here because she and Olivia have recently broken up (they were dating in secret and only Michelle knew about their affair)

Note #4: The couple, George and Medo, are in charge of bringing food, McDonalds, but as usual, they are late.

"Ugh where are those idiots," Michelle said, blowing puffs of her cigarette as she paced back and forth. "I'm starving."

"I'm calling them now love," Andy said, dialing George's number. Andy used to be our former Economics professor and Michelle's crush. Apparently he felt the same way about her but didn't want to risk losing his job by dating one of his students and kept acting cold and indifferent towards her. So he waited until she graduated to ask her out. You could imagine how thrilled Michelle was.

"Guys, camping out here is such a bad idea," Wendy said, as her husband Freddy helped her with their tent. They had recently gotten married and Wendy was accustoming to her new life living with his family.

"Why?" Seth asked.

"Because we're literally the only ones here and the only shelter we have are our cars and tents!"

"Be adventurous love," Sara said. "It's gonna be fun."

"But it's almost midnight," Kevin said. "We're all tired."

"I want my McDonald's first!" Michelle said, sound disgruntled. Jeez, the things this woman does for food.

"Oh look, the love birds are finally here," Ryan said, as we heard honks and saw the rearview of a car's headlights heading towards us.

"Bout time," Mia said, walking up to them and taking the bags from them as they got out of the car.

"Sorry guys," Medo said. "We got held up at McDees because someone here was flirting with the cashier."

"Oh shut up. I was just being nice to him. It's not my fault guys are into me."

"Yeah, yeah," Medo said, getting the rest of the stuff out of his car.

"And please, did you forget you had your tongue down that guy's throat at the bar last week? I didn't say anything because you were totally wasted."

"You're an asshole George," Medo said, as he ignored his boyfriend and walked up to us.

"Save your argument for bed little fairies," Michelle said, snatching the bag out of Medo's hand. "Ugh, where's my garlic sauce?"

We spread a picnic rug on the floor and sat down eating our food like hungry hamsters.

"Is it me or this place colder as usual?" Sara said, edging closer to Seth. The two have been dating for over a year now.

I flashed her a grin. Tsk tsk, an excuse to get closer to her boyfriend.

We finished our food and started drinking our beers.

"Guys, I feel so bloated," Ryan said, lying on his stomach. "And wasted."