Part 12 Falling

A/N: I am back! And I'll be trying to update regularly again. Special announcement at the end of this chapter sooo stay tuned!

I can't help but giggle quietly at the boy in front of me, he gets so easily flustered. I gotta admit I enjoy seeing his face go a little red. It's dorky and cute.

"What?" He looks at me as if I'd just tried to explain the existence of the universe to him.

"Nothing" I shake my head in between small little giggles.

"You're laughing at me" He pouts like a small, whiny toddler.

"I'm not, I swear" I put my hands up in defense.

He shakes his head with a soft smile. "Emma... can I do something?"

"Do what?" I look at him with a raised eyebrow.

This causes him to smile a little wider. "I can't tell you.... but can I?"

I go quiet for a moment, I have no idea what he wants to do and the thought absolutely terrifies me. "Okay, fine" I say after a considerable amount of time, chewing my bottom lip anxiously.

"You're allowed to slap me after....if you hate it" Peter says quietly. He steps a little closer to me, his taller figure looming over mine. Now that I notice it, he's only really a head taller than me. He cups my cheeks in his hands and before I know it his lips collide with mine. It doesn't feel like the movies though, no there's no fireworks no triumphant music or anything like that.

He pulls away after a moment or so but for me it happens all too quickly. "I-I'm s-Sorry I understand if you hate-" he starts but I cut him off by kissing him again.

"I don't hate you and I-I didn't hate this for that matter" I say quietly and engulf him in a huge hug.

He gratefully hugs me back, I bury my face in his shoulder. "I really like you" His voice is barely above a whisper.

"I really like you too" I murmur into his shirt, I'm not sure he hears me but at this point I don't really care.

We stay like that for a while, just the two of us vs the whole universe except that nothing matters at the moment. Not the fact that I'm a demigod and he's just a mortal. Not the danger that seems to constantly loom over my head and follow me everywhere. Right now it's just us.

A/N2: Ahhh so so sorry that this is so short, I promise the chapters will go back to 1000 words once I'm up and running a bit better.
Special announcement time! Okay soooo I'm currently working on a second story- this won't effect this one and it's an original story. The chapters in it are going to be very long so the updates on it will be very slow. I'll try and have it done as soon as possible :)