Part 6 I Love Musicals

With my Mam gone I just got out the books on the subjects I missed. It was a long list. Then my phone buzzed.

LUCY: On my way

EMMA: Are you allowed?

LUCY: Ye, u sure i can stay over

EMMA: Definitely, mam loves having you over

LUCY: ok ill see you soon

EMMA: See you

I put down my books, thinking of what to wear and how we were going to get there and back, we'll probably call a cab. I step over to my wardrobe and look through my clothes finally settling on a pair of blue denim shorts, a white t-shirt with black elephants and a cardigan.

 I step over to my wardrobe and look through my clothes finally settling on a pair of blue denim shorts, a white t-shirt with black elephants and a cardigan

I hear a light knock on the door and quickly run over to it. I open the door to reveal my best friend with not one but two bags one presumably filled with school work and the other with clothes.

"Lucy!" I squealed and pulled her into a hug and she gladly hugged back. When we pulled apart she looked at me with a concerned look, "How's your side". I sighed there was no point in lying I had managed to befriend a mortal who just saw happens to have the sight, meaning she can see through the mist.

"Welll"

"Em, tell me"

"Alright, ummm it's not infected, doesn't hurt that much........ anymore" I picked up one of her bags and there was yet another knock on the door, Lucy dropped the bag she was carrying, "I'll get it" She whispered to me. I brought both her bags into my room and heard voices then my name being called. I walked over to see a really nervous Peter standing at the door. I step outside to talk to him.

"Hi"

"Hi.... Emma I was- uh I was wondering if you know we could ummm we could practice for the school play you know our lines"

"Uh..."

"But it's ok completely fine if if you don't don't really want to"

"Sorry Peter but I have to catch up on some school stuff and then Lucy's staying over but hey how about tomorrow?"

"Yeah if if that's alright with you" Peter stumbled all over his words. I just nodded and gave him a small wave before stepping back inside and closing the door.

"What did he want?" Lucy says from atop of the counters, she was probably trying to get something to eat.

"To go over our lines for the school play" I retorted catching a packet of crisps {chips?} Lucy had thrown at me, "Ready to catch up on some school work" I sighed helping her get down from the counter. We walked over to the kitchen table and took out our books and started with History.

{Time Skip because I said so}

"What are you wearing" Lucy asked rummaging through her bag while I was lying on my bed staring at the ceiling, I pointed to my chair we I had put my clothes on. She didn't answer so I just presumed she nodded.

"Emma!"

"Lucy?"

"I think I'm gonna wear..... a navy dress"

"Alright, but wear comfortable shoes, I'm not carrying you home"

"Ok, I'll.........wear sandals"

"Cool" I sat up and saw Lucy run to the bathroom signaling me to get changed and I did. I brushed my hair and left it down. Lucy came into my room with her makeup bag, her face was already done up. She started doing my make up and we talked about the school play, the time we would go home at and plenty of other things.

"Emma don't forget your sword"

"I won't, I have a pocket in these that it will fit into"

"That's fine then, but do you really think monsters are going to attack us"

"Honestly I have no idea"

"Hm"

"No, I mean seriously it's not like I have some kin of radar to track monsters"

"That is a shame"

"It really is! Lucy, you have no idea how much easier my life would be with a radar like that"

""Really?"

"Yes! There would never be a surprise monster attack ever again"

"I suppose so"

"What do you want to do when we get back?"

"We could have a movie marathon"

"Musicals?"

"Musicals?"

"Yes! It is the perfect idea"

"Sure, Emma we can have a musical marathon"

"Ohhhh, we can watch...... 'Les Mis', ' The Greatest Showman'"

"You can't forget 'Mamma Mia'"

"Annnnd 'Dear Evan Hansen' or 'Be More Chill' "

"Do the 'Pitch Perfect' movies count as musicals?"

"I don't know but what I do know is that we will definitely watch them!"

We were both very excited but I wasn't sure if I was more excited for the party or the musical movie marathon. I thought back to why Lucy insisted on coming over to my place instead of me going over to hers, she was probably sick of her parents fighting.

"Doesn't your sister have a ballet recital tonight?" I asked her and remembered our text conversation from earlier.

"No, I got it mixed up"

"How come?"

"The ballet recital isn't until next week" I nodded just a mix up no reason to completely fuel my anxiety. I had a bad feeling leaving the apartment building that night, I just wasn't sure whether we should or shouldn't be going but I fought with my instincts. Every fiber of my being screamed at me. Maybe I was just overreacting or working myself up for no reason, probably but could you really blame me being a demigod and all, it really isn't great and I would recommend avoiding it at all costs. We were now sitting in the back of the cab, I didn't know what I would do if a monster did attack the mist could only cover so much and with this many mortals. I just didn't know if I could keep everyone out of harms way.

While I inner monologued we had arrived at Olivia's house and saying it was big would be an understatement. The house was beautiful, just simply huge. Music was blaring and you could see the colored lights as they cast shadows along the walls. Lucy stepped out of the cab and I followed not wanting to be left behind, I quickly paid the cabbie and walked up to the door right behind Lucy.

A/N All the musicals I mentioned are really good and I encourage to check them out! Also more of Harry Potter will come later I promise! Also I will try my best to update every second Wednesday because school is starting again