Chapter 17|Stay With Me

-
Kate's POV
-
We were settled down on the couch. My head on his chest as I was laying on top of him and his hands on my stomach with mine on top.

Rick, being the nine-year-old he is, pouted till he got his way, which I won, so we watched a Disney movie.

Aladdin. That was one of my favorite movies, I loved the flying carpet and the tiger. Halfway through the movie, Rick paused it and got up out from under me.

"Popcorn? Or ice cream? Your pick." Rick said walking into the kitchen I got up from the couch and smiled, walking towards him. I thought about it for a while then answered

"What kind of ice cream do you have?" I asked and he walked over to the freezer, opening it and read of the flavors,

"We have chocolate, Neapolitan, moose tracks, and vanilla bean." I smiled.

"Vanilla Bean." I said and he nodded taking the tub out of the freezer and putting it on the counter. He grabbed two bowls out of the cupboards and two spoons and an ice cream scooper from the silver wear drawer.

"How many?" He asked and I looked at him confused, brow furrowing. "Scoops. How many scoops?" He clarified.

"Oh, just two." I said and he nodded scooping up two scoops into my bowl and three into his. He put the ice cream away and tossed the scooper into the sink grabbing out sprinkles and caramel and chocolate syrup. He turned to me shaking them in hand with a huge smile on his face.

"Want some?" He asked and I couldn't help but smile.

"Alright." I said and rolled my eyes. Cute. He was cute. He handed me the sprinkles while he poured the syrup perfectly and professionally into his ice cream.

"Bam! Perfect!" He said and I looked up at him and laughed, setting down the sprinkles he took them right out of my hand.

"Geez, slow down! Your like a nine-year-old on a auger rush." I laughed out and he looked up at me with a boyish grin.

"I know, but you like it." He said and I shook my head smiling.

"Yes, I do." I admitted and he leaned over the counter and kissed my lips. His touched so soft. It became more heated and passionate, he walked around the counter and stood in between my legs crashing his lips to mine again. My hands made it around his neck and his around my waist pulling me closer into his body.

"The ice cream is melting." I managed to say in between kisses.

"Mhmm." He hummed in my mouth. He eventually slowed down, pulling apart with a pop from our mouths and leaned his forehead against min, panting and smiling. I slid my hands down to his biceps and kissed him quickly.

"Finish this later, promise." I whispered and he smiled and pulled away from me and walking around the counter to grab his bowl of half melted ice cream, walking to the couch. I followed him with my bowl and sat down next to him as he played the movie.

The movie was over and I was asleep laying on Ricks lap. He carefully picked me up and brought me up to my room and set me down. Kissing my forehead he said, "Sweet dreams." And then he left to go to his own room.
XXX
"Katie, help!" I heard my mother say. I ran to her and she laid there bleeding to death. Stab wounds everywhere on her stomach.

"Mom!" I cried out and kneeled by her side and shook her, trying to get her to stay with me but her body went cold and she wasn't breathing. I leaned against the cold brick wall of the alley and cried into my hands, non-stop. Then, I felt someone grab my arm and pull me up I screamed out a, "NO!" And tried to get out of the mans grasp. He was strong, so I just gave up and he kil-

"Kate! Kate, wake up!" I heard a familiar voice say, faintly. And then I heard it again and realized it was Rick. I woke up instantly, panting and tears streaming down my face. It took me awhile to get back to the present day.

"Shhh, Kate its okay." He whispered, pulling me into his arms and rubbing my back. "It was just a dream." He said and kissed my head.

I kept crying and leaned into his embrace. We sat there for a little while longer with him rocking back and forth and calming me down.

"I keep having that same dream, Rick." I said softly and I felt him pull me closer.

"Shhh, it's okay. It's over now." He whispered. We sat there for a while longer until I completely settled down and fell asleep in his arms. He laid me down again and kissed my forehead good night.

"Rick," I said before he left the room and he turned around and looked at me, "stay with me." He looked down at the ground then back up at me.

"Of course." He said and walked over to the bed and laid down next to me, wrapping his arms around my waist, my head nestled close to his chest. And then we both feel asleep, no bad dreams or nothing for the rest of the night.
_______________________
Sooooooo ?