Chapter 12|Moving On

-
Kate's POV
-
We were done saying how our day was to my mom and headed back to the car and drove to a nearby park to eat.

Rick laid down a blanket for us to sit on and took out the food for us. I really like him. I know I've said this about a million times but it's true. I really really like Rick. He's nice, caring, childish, ruggedly handsome and cute.

He grabbed out the sandwiches and the fruit and set them down on the blanket. I took my sandwich and ate it, along with my fruit.

Once we were done eating, we put all the food away and looked around at the empty space. There were only two other couples here, which was nice because usually this park is packed.

I looked over at Rick. He was smiling at some cute couple that walked by. Dang, I loved that smile. I took his hand in mine which made his head jerk towards me with that same smile but bigger.

"Thank you, Rick, for helping me get through my mom's death." I said breaking the amazing eye contact between us.

"Always." He said looking down at my lips then up to my eyes again.

"And I think I can make it by without seeing my mom everyday. Just when I need to or want to." I said.

"Kate, are you sure?" He asked surprised and concerned.

"Yeah." I smiled softly. He leaned closer to me and kissed me softly. Hot dog his lips were so darn soft. Every time he kissed me my mood would change instantly.

He deepened the kiss and pushed me down slowly till my back hit the ground so he was hovering over me, holding his weight up with his hands and knees.

"Rick." I managed a moan. He was such a good kisser, holy carrot! The kiss deepened even more and became more passionate. That's when I realized where we were. "Rick, we... can't..." I tried but he kept kissing me. He finally slowed down, making his lips move slower against mine. Eventually he stopped and pull away, smiling, looking into my eyes.

"I know, I know." He said getting off of on top of me and sitting back to where he was before with a huge grin on his face.

I got up, brushed the leaves and grass off of my back and my hair. I sat back to where I was sitting taking his hand in mine and looking around the park.
XXX
"Hey, um, Kate?" I heard him say before I got out of his car and into mine. I turned towards him and smiled.

"Would you want to go to our place in the Hampton's this weekend? Mother, me, you, and Jim. It would be a good opportunity for them to meet and get to know each other. Also to get away for a bit," He asked me and I nearly jumped out of my seat.

Heck yeah!

"Um, yeah, of course." I said casually, trying to not freak out.

"Okay, sweet." He said. I leaned to give him a peck on the lips and turned to get out of the car but then he grabbed my arm and pulled me to him, crashing his lips on mine once again.

The kiss was passionate, really passionate, and hot. We slowed it down and pulled away locking eyes and smiling with our foreheads together.

"See you tomorrow." I whispered. He smiled.

"Yep." He said and I left his car and got in mine. I drove home, thinking and listening to some music. Once I got home, I ate the dinner that my dad made and after that I went up to my room to daydream about Rick.
____________________
So I had to unpublish this book so the editing would save? not sure why I had to do that...