O

As I walked hand-in-hand with him, spotting you sitting by yourself on the park bench sipping on your hot coffee, I was recalled back to the days when everything was fine. Where you and I were happy together, when we would walk through this park together, hand-in-hand like I am with him now.

Autumn had come and the red and orange leaves fell peacefully around you, landing softly on the ground. I stopped in my tracks, him looking at me questioningly, but at that point I had paid him no mind. I stared at you with hurt-filled irises, my free hand clenched so harshly my fingernails were digging curves into my palms. Biting my lip harshly I thought for sure that it was going to bleed, I tried walking past you as fast as I can, without making any eye-contact with you.

I thought back to the days we were together, free and happy, loving and accepting. But those days were long gone and replaced with months and months of loneliness. I would come home late every night, tired and needing rest and I would always find you sitting on the couch, waiting for me while bundled up in a blanket watching TV. You would always understand why I had come home late, somehow without me even having to explain it to you. But I guess I should have sooner. Because after a few nights of that happening, you grew more and more annoyed and frustrated.

One night, I guess you grew sick and tired of it, and started shouting in my face, accusing me of everything and anything that I had done wrong. You yelled and cried, tears welling up in your eyes and rolling down your cheeks rapidly, while desperately trying to rub it all off. You told me to pack my bags and leave, without giving me a chance to explain myself. I tried so hard and begged you to give me a chance to explain why I was always out on nights, but you would never let me. I grabbed on to your arms, but you looked away from me and pushed me off, and I knew that I had no other choice but to leave. So I did.

I tried contacting you, but you changed your number. I tried knocking on the door of the apartment, but you would never answer. I tried explaining myself to you, but you would never let me. I tried everything to make you come back, but you never cared.

I tried to explain to you that all the time I had spent on those late nights were visits to the doctor.

And now I walk, hand-in-hand with your son, but you thinking that it's another's.

(A/n) Sorry for not updating in so long!!