Chapter Two

<Hazel>
She tried to scrub off the ugly black mark on the marbled floor for the third attempt. One of those wealthy idiot must've left their foot print tracks behind. She had been working for hours, right after cleaning the bathroom, she was assigned with another task. In fact, on top of all her workloads today, an arrogant customer just an hour ago have bizarrely requested her to wash his clothes. She sighed and wiped her wrist over her forehead, trying to brush the few strands of loose hair back. There was suppose to be a cocktail party in the ballroom tonight, so she has to make sure the floor could reflect like mirrors.. She tiredly squeezed more soap into the bucket with the rest of her strength, and dip the sponge in there once more.

If only she could quit.

From the corner of her eyes, she notice the waiter have all came out one by one holding plates of high quality foods. Members of an classical orchestra band have already situated themselves on the stage. Champagne glasses were evenly distributed all over the grand table.

The cocktail party is hosting soon, I have to hurry up.

She quickly scrub the floor once more erasing most of the marks. With that, she dump the sponge into her bucket, grasp the handle, and hurried to the ballroom exit. She tried to push the exit door, but to her surprise it wouldn't budge.

Damn it! Why is it locked? Irritated, she tried to yanked the handle back and forth for a few times yet the stubborn door stood its place. She sighed deeply as her mind spins around for a way out, Have to leave through the entrance door then. She anxiously speed towards the front entrance where only a few waiter were still passing through. A line of important business mens were already residing near the entrance lobby talking among each other. Not only that, there was also a formally dressed security who's starting to check their individual tickets.

How am I suppose to get through? Her eyes surveyed around the doorway, but her effort seems to be in vain. The access to the hallway is being blocked by people, she would have to squeeze through every one of them. Fine, seem like I have to go against the waves. Holding back her embarrassment, she tightly grip her bucket and walk towards the front entrance. Fear suddenly strikes through her and her body frozen in place at the sight of Mr. Ace. He was the first in line, calmly instructing the security about his task and haven't notice her yet. Cold sweat covers her, as she could feel her heart beating at a fast pace.

Mr. Ace...

A chill race through her body. Mr. Ace isn't merely her boss, for years he had also obtain a different role in ruining her life. The hidden face of Mr. Ace would never be shown in public, he will always be regarded as the cheerful and personable manager. However, the scarring memories in the back of her mind constantly reminds her, who he really is. She took an deep exhale to stay focus on what to do next.

He definitely won't allow me excusing through his guests, but what else can I do..maybe I should just wait till the party starts, and once everyone's occupied then I'll just sneak out.
She was left with no choice, with an heavy heart she placed her bucket by the corner, and leaned her frail body against the wall.