━━ from Argeoth13

━━ from Argeoth13 ━━

I normally stay silent in my mourning of my heroes. This time I cannot. For now I, along with the rest of this great chaotic world, have lost someone who helped give me hope. At the age of four and a half I was diagnosed with type one diabetes. I should have been dead. Hearing that at four and a half wasn't the best thing on my psyche especially when you're terrified of needles. At the time I loved superman and batman. A few months later a movie came out. Spider man. It was the first time I realized that even a super hero can over come a change that affects his body and way of life. I idolized him. For six years I idolized him. In sixth grade I started developing signs of depression. I harmed myself slowly. When Avengers came out the raw emotions expressed made me realize that these emotions while difficult to deal with are normal. Iron man three came out and I saw what Tony dealt with. I then realized that he isn't always arrogant he does what he thinks is right because he doesn't want to stand back and look back and know he could do more. I idolized him now as well. Over the past few years I've mixed my idolizations. Always based on who I related to. Stan gave me this gift, albeit indirectly, to comprehend myself in a way I never thought possible. Even at a young age. His death hits me hard and while great power has great responsibility great men have great lives. Stan was no exception. I wish to live on by his example. And though I will never fill his shoes I hope we can all work together to fill them. And so I end this by saying, Rest in piece to one of the greatest men we will ever have the gift of knowing. Thank you for the gifts you have left us and the mark you have made and forever our friend, Excelsior!