━━ from THEFIRSTAGENT

Dear Stan Lee,

You were such an amazing role model to everyone who ever knew you. You were  a kind, gentle soul who knew how to inspire and comfort others through  the gift of his comics.

You created stories that did and still do inspire billions of people around  the world, people like me who grew up with you as a hero, a role model,  a legend. We know you're in a better place now and reunited with your  wife, but we will all miss you so terribly. We grew up with you and your  characters, drew inspiration from your life and your stories, found  solace in your words and characters, found ourselves through them. We  stayed up watching the movies with your cameos and laughing at how funny  they were. We cried over the deaths of your characters and rejoiced  over the creation of their movies. What affected you affected us all,  and not a single fan isn't crying over this.

I'm so close to crying as I write this, because it means you're gone.  I can't begin to describe the changes you've caused in my life, and all  for the better. Because characters, no matter how fictional or real,  have a very real impact, and yours are some of my biggest role models.

If  I could see you and say anything to you, I think I would only be able  to thank you. Thank you for the joys and sorrows of the comics. Thank  you for bringing to life these characters on the silver screen and  appearing in every movie to remind us that you and other brilliant  creators brought these men and women to life.

Thank  you. Thank you so much for gifting this world with your light. You truly had a  gift and you gave it to the world without any hesitation, and for that,  there will never be enough gratitude in the world. You created Marvel  with just a few characters, and you poured your heart and soul into it.  Without a doubt, I know we can all say that you were the true heart and  soul of Marvel and it will never be the same without you, no matter how  great it becomes or is.

I remember the day I discovered Marvel, and there will never be anything like the joy I experienced when I discovered how many characters I could relate to. Peggy Carter (one of my biggest role models), Pepper Potts, Steve Rogers, Natasha Romanoff -- I can't even compile a full list of the characters who inspired me to be my best self, because so many did. When I was depressed, I turn to characters who I could relate to, and I drew strength from them. In fact, I drew characters like Steve and Peggy so close to me, that I feel like I could turn around and see them and hear their advice for me because you've made them so human. So real.

I don't know how long I've cried by now, but I'm also happy because you've lived such a wonderful life, and now you're at peace and reunited with your wife, and that's a beautiful thing.

We all pray that you rest in peace, and that wherever you are, we know you're watching over us with your wife.

We all love you, miss you, and will never forget you.

— Sarah