Sneaking Around

Guys, I'm sorry for a sudden mess of slow updates, but I'm making sure I get a good amount of reads before uploading a new chapter so I know people are reading it. I really hope you all are enjoying this story like I am enjoying writing it...

~~~~Alex’s Point Of View~~~~

               After the show was over, everyone insisted on another celebration party so we headed over to Pierce The Veil’s bus this time. I’ve noticed that Riley has been talking to Tony a lot, not to mention secretively. I can’t help but feel like there’s something I don’t know and it’s truly eating me away.

               She’s been normal with me for the most part. She doesn’t pull away from my kisses or my hugs. Half the time she starts them. Maybe I should just talk to Tony. Something doesn’t feel right and since they talk so often, maybe he’d know. Then again, maybe he’s the secret I shouldn’t’ know about.

               Ri wouldn’t hurt me, right? She’d never do something like that. I know her.

               I’ll still talk to Tony.

               I catch Tony’s eye and nod in the general direction of the door and he nods. I leave Riley’s side without a word, unwinding my arm from around her and following Tony outside. The buses leave at three so we all have time to settle before the late night hour rolls by. As he shuts the door behind him, I start feeling uneasy. I trust Tony and I doubt he’d do anything that could harm me or my relationship with Riley.

               “What’s up, Alex?” He asks and leans against the bus with his hands in his pockets, a smile on his face at an attempt to make me comfortable.

               I sigh. “What’s going on with Riley and you? You guys have been pretty close and talking secretly and it makes me uneasy.”

               He shrugs. “Nothing is going on between us.” He says casually, the smile not leaving his face.

               “Then what’s so secretive about the conversations? Is there something I should know?” I ask a more broad question. He shrug but now his smile starts to twitch downwards and one hand surfaces from his pocket as his scratches the back of his neck. Now I know there’s something. I feel my stomach tie up and I start fidgeting as the silence grows. “Tony,” I beg.

               “Alex, everything is fine.” He smiles again. “If something bad happened, I’d be the first to tell you.” He tries to reassure me.

               I nod, letting his words sink in. “Alright, Ton.” I say, but something inside me doesn’t agree with this.

-Time Jump of 5 Days-

               Although my talk with Tony assured me of a few things, my mind has still been wandering all the other possibilities there may be. I haven’t brought it up to Riley because I haven’t felt the need to. She hasn’t been acting strange or distant toward me, which is good. I can’t help but wonder why Tony suddenly got uneasy, or why their conversations have continued.

               Sighing, I roll out of bed in Pierce The Veil’s bus, realizing she isn’t next to me. Our bus ended up kind of giving out last night so they offered to take us in so we could make our show tonight. Our bus will be fixed soon and when it is we’ll have it back somehow. I don’t know how, to be honest. Currently, we’ve stopped for a while since we’re already at our venue.