It's All Over

It's not rage in his face, it's loss. Defeat. Sorrow, even. He pulls his lips into a tight flat line. I'm too frozen in fear to move or run past him. Shove him down the stairs? No. I'm not high enough for that. He'd stumble and I wouldn't get far. His adams apple bobs in his pale throat.

"What are you doing?" His voice is weak.

I open my mouth but nothing comes out. My brain is firing responses all around but they are moving much too fast for me to grasp and turn into a real sentence. I gasp a bit before finally pulling words from my mind. "My foot, it's been rubbing and I need something for it. Medicine. Something." He furrows his brows before looking down at my ankle.

"I-I'm sorry." He stutters. "Follow me," And I do. I follow him through his decent apartment toward a large bathroom. He pats the counter and I cautiously climb onto it without making any eye contact. I do my best to cover my body. Then, without a word, he leaves. I hear a few other doors open and shut and he comes back moments later with clothes in his hands. "These belonged to and ex girlfriend of mine," He scratches his head awkwardly. "You can throw these on and I'll get some pain killers from the kitchen."

He sets them down, closes the door and leaves me alone in the bright lighted bathroom. Although I am a little dumbfounded with his newly discovered kind side, I do not deny the clothes he's given me. They're much better than wearing nothing all the time. Before I throw them on, my eyes land on the shower. Maybe I should ask, but I deem myself worthy of it anyway. I lock the door and turn the water on hot and jump in

I sigh in relief and I lull my head back so the water drenches my filthy and faded violet hair. I soap up my body and watch as the dirt puddles around my feet and then retreats to the drain. I quickly scrub soap into my hair and rinse it out. I shut off the water reluctantly. This may be my only chance for that for a while, but I won't push my unapproved decisions. Without drying off, I throw on the clothes I've been given and find them to be a little loose for my liking but I can't complain. At least I'm covered.

I run my fingers through my hair quickly and unlock the door and roam around until I find him. I never thought I'd be looking to find him, but I admit those painkillers would be great right now. I find him standing against the counter with a cup of orange juice and two pills in his hands. He smiles weakly.

"Here." He hands them to me and I take them with both excitement and caution. I don't see them being tampered with so I swallow them and chug the juice. "I also have lunch for you." He says as he pulls a chicken salad sandwich from the fridge. Alongside of it are chips and water.

After again inspecting it all, I start taking large bites. I stop and put it down. "Why?" I ask once I swallow my food.

He sighs. "I feel bad about your ankle."

"Oh," I manage.

"I'm going to use the restroom." He excuses himself and I hear the door shut. After thinking my escape through, I push my chair out and put my legs down, but they fail me. I shout as I hit the wooden floor. I try to get back up but once my feet are planted on the ground I fall once more. The cycle repeats a few more times before I hear him behind me. "Drugs are a wonderful thing, aren't they?" I can hear the smirk in his voice. I don't even need to see him.

I roll over. "You bastard."

He shrugs and gets closer. "You should have taken a closer look. In both the drinks and the sandwich I put in drugs that would bring you close to passing out but not quite. You're not escaping me." He growls and reaches out toward my neck. His grip tightens and I gasp for air. "You're mine." He spits on my cheek and I open my mouth to scream but he punches me.