A New Look, Thanks Jack

So so so so sorry for this update taking like four days I've been sooo behind! Sorry if it's boring but i don't know this chapter makes me happy. Ri's hair on the side!

I wake up the next morning with a small headache, but nothing compared to what I know most of the guys will have. After letting my eyes adjust to the light, I move slightly to face a sleeping Alex. His brown hair is thrown everywhere as his mouth gapes open, a soft snore sneaking past his lips. A giggle escapes my mouth, causing his closed eyes to flicker a few times. Quickly, I shut my mouth and slowly get out of bed. I pull on a pair of Alex’s boxers for shorts to match the t shirt I stole from him to wear before heading out to make him a surprise breakfast.

               Zack is the only one awake, which doesn’t surprise me. He’s a morning person unlike the rest of us. He sits eating a bowl of trix as his eyes fixate on the television as he watches Criminal Minds. After a good morning exchange, I have to pry myself away from the episode, knowing it’s one of my favorites.

               I decide to make Alex blueberry pancakes and bacon with a side of jellied toast. Zack doesn’t say much to me as he’s too fixated on his show which I’m too busy eavesdropping in on anyway. It’s literally one of my favorite shows, to be honest. It always has been.

               At a commercial break, I flip the pancakes and bacon while I put the toast in the toaster. “No hangover, Zack?” I ask knowingly.

               “Nope,” He smiles smugly as he walks to the sink to wash out his bowl. I have to admit, he’s one of the most organized guys in the group, if not he is the most organized guy. “And you, Riley, do you have a hangover?”

               I shake my head. “A small headache but that could be from anything,” I defend. “Imagine poor Jack, oh bless his childlike heart.” I chuckle as I pull the toaster out and jelly it with strawberry jelly. “My mother would kill me if she knew I’m underage drinking.”

               Zack laughs softly, careful to keep it down. It’s only a little past eight right now. The bus is still driving, unfortunately. “Anyone would kill us.” He points out. “So about three hours of driving left if we don’t hit any traffic or anything, I’m stoked.” He says as he smiles.

               “Good.” I start to fancy up his plate in a very organized manner that I know won’t even be appreciated anyway. He’ll just scarf it down anyway, but that’s fine with me. As long as it makes my little Alex happy, I don’t mind. “I can’t wait for tonight. I love watching you guys on stage. I told you that you all had potential, didn’t I?” I say, flashing a wink in his direction.

               “Shut your mouth, Riley.” He laughs and dries his hands before reaching into the drawer, pulling out a bottle of pain killers before handing me three of them. I give him a questioning look. “His hangover, I don’t know how bad it’ll be, but he might need it. I know Jack and Rian will and I just pray Pierce The Veil has their own, because Mike and Jaime were the worst out of all of them.”

               I laugh. “Oh, I noticed. Tony held his fairly well, though. Vic wasn’t as bad.” His name rolls off my tongue like nothing even matters about him, like he’s nothing special to me. I smile and thank Zack before carrying the plate of food, apple juice, and the pills back to mine and Alex’s room. Shutting the door silently behind me, I make my way to the bed and sit crisscross applesauce beside him with the plate on the bed stand while I wake him up.

               I straddle my legs over him and lean forward, pressing my nose against his as it scrunches in reaction. I breathe a laugh and cup his face with my hands. “Alex,” I whisper softly against his lips before pecking them three times. “Alex,” I say a little louder.