Regret & Guilt

Primatech Paper, Odessa, TX – 6:00 PM

The company was buzzing around like flies on a hot summer day and it was all because of two people: Sylar, formerly known as Gabriel Gray and a girl named Alice, formerly known as my daughter, Lacey Warren. The only recent footage we found of them together was Christmas in Last Vegas 1 year ago. A hand falls upon my shoulder. In my peripheral vision was a man I came to know very well. His name is Noah Bennett. He was fairly tall and hard horn-rimmed glasses in front of his hazel eyes with hair that was light brown.

“Hello, Harry.” He greets, a friendly, suspicious smile on his face. I glare at him, still looking at the looped tape of my daughter with Sylar.

“Don’t call me Harry.” I growled.

“Harold, I know how you’re feeling right now and…” I interrupt Noah.

“Do you? Do you know how I feel, Noah, cause I don’t think you do. You don’t have a daughter that’s tagging along with a serial killer who is murdering people with abilities. You’re not the one who abandoned their daughter when she needed you most.” I faced him, with a controlled anger in my voice.

“No, you’re right. I don’t know what it’s like. What I do know is that you and me both have sacrificed everything to keep our family safe. You love Lacey just as much as I love Claire and we’ll never let the Company take them but we have to keep a low profile for now.” Noah said, his voice was low and barely audible. A Company member passes by and I fake smile with Noah until they leave. “Don’t worry, Harry. We’ll find her and get her back. Just make sure you run like hell before the Company figures out your plan.” Noah warns, leaving my side and the room.

I looked back at the tape and take out a picture of my daughter and I before she met Sylar. All I had to do was wait for Sylar to make his next move, knowing Lacey would be there with him.