Prologue

Odessa Police Department, Texas 5:27 PM

“Good evening, Miss Warren. Are you ready to talk now?” Agent Hanson, a short blonde woman asked. She sat in front of me, her partner who I knew as Matt Parkman, a cop from LA, was a burly brown headed man that sat beside her. I stayed silent, glaring at her. My hands were chained to the sides of the chair I was sitting in. “I’ll take that as a yes.” Hanson says. She pushes a button, recording the conversation.

“Where is Sylar?” She asks. I stay silent, glaring at both her and Parkman. “Look, Lacey…” She starts.

“My name is Alice.” I growled. No one calls me by my real name. No one but him.

“Alright, Alice. This is for your own good y’know.” She tries to convince me. “Your boyfriend or whatever the hell he is has killed a lot of people. Now we can either do this the easy way or the hard way. If you tell us where Sylar is we’ll let you go. If not… well we have ways to get it out of you.” Agent Hanson says.

I started laughing. The nerve of these people was uncanny. They had no idea what they were getting themselves into. “And you think keeping me here will lure Sylar here?” I asked. “Are you stupid? Sylar doesn’t care about anyone except himself.” I explained.

“Then why are you with him if he only cares about himself?” Parkman asks.

“That’s my business, Parkman. Now why don’t you unchain me so I can tell you what you want to know?” I said confidently.

“Not a chance.” Parkman said.

“Why? You scared or something?” I taunted, laughing a bit. When they didn’t expect it, I lurched out of my chair and watched them jump back with fear, making me laugh once again.

“Where is Sylar?” Hanson asked me again. There was no way I was going to tell them anything.

“I don’t know.” I say casually, shrugging my shoulders.

Parkman’s face gets red with anger as he slams his fists on the cold, metal table. “Stop lying. Tell us where he is!” He yells.

 “And I told you I don’t know where he is!” I yelled back.

“Do you remember where you saw him last?” Hanson asks.

“Well, maybe I could if someone untied me.” I looked at Parkman who looked back, holding my gaze. I knew what he was capable of. There was no way I was going to let him read my mind.

“Alright, fine.” Agent Hanson says.

She came over to with a pair of keys and unchained me from the chair. Before she could walk away I slam her head on the metal table and made fall unconscious almost immediately. Parkman runs over to the agent and looks at me.

“What did you do that for?” He asks.

I hit him with a strong electric shock, knocking him out. The voltage wasn’t enough to kill but only to maim…or seriously injure. I never liked to get my hands dirty, not unless it was completely necessary. Alarms go off as I heard footsteps move closer and closer to the interrogation room I was being held in. I hightailed it out of there, hoping I wouldn’t get caught again.