Chapter Eight: Reign

Belated Happy Birthday to my sister, Ulan! This is for you 😁❤️ Sb_Thaed11  ☔️

-

Reign

Origin:

Middle English: from Old French reignier 'to reign', reigne 'kingdom', from Latin regnum, related to rex, reg- 'king'

Definition:

To hold royal office ; rule as monarch

-

Reyna's POV

The bell rang signalling the end of our class but me and Winter were still talking about the topic to be passed today. We were both assigned as partners for a research project.

On our right though is Summer and my sister. They were assigned to be partners. I don't know if it's going well though. She's been teasing Summer all week long now. Saying she's my girlfriend and all that. But of course Summer doesn't believe any of that and she's still courting me. As I looked at them they were seriously talking. I wonder what the topic is. I just shrugged it off and focused on what I was writing.

"Hey you got that wrong." Says Winter as I was writing out names on the paper. I looked at her.

"What?" I asked puzzled.

"Its supposed to be like this. Not your second name." I looked at the paper and saw what she wrote. I raised my eyebrows.

"Huh? That's your middle name? Isn't that supposed to be a last name?" I told her.

"Well its the last name of my mother. That's my middle name. But in your case it's your last name. Maybe we're related?" She said teasingly and I just rolled my eyes at her last remark.

"Hmm.. Wait hold up. You mean your middle name is your mothers last name?" I trailed off..

Oh ghad I forgot about that. I'm in the Philippines, of course its like that. I wanted to roll my eyes at myself for my silliness. This is what you get when all you think about is Summer. Oops.

"Ahuh."

"So that's how it is here. The middle name is our second name. We don't refer to it as that, well in the USA." I said scratching my head embarrassingly. I was sure that I'm red as a tomato because I'm pretty much embarrassed.

"Ahuh that's correct." She said and ruffled my hair which made me blush more.

"Hey Winter!" Someone said.

I looked up and saw a girl. She was pretty and cute. With her shoulder length hair black like a Ravens and her height was about 5 but it suited her built and it added to her cuteness. Her eyes looked intelligent and it was sparkling. She was wearing a simple black T-shirt and ripped jeans but she looked pretty cool without even trying. I think she likes Winter from the blush on her cheeks but she oozed confidence not shyness.

"Reign." Winter greeted her politely.

"Winter!!! I brought cookies for you. It's my birthday. Can you accept them? They are very delicious of course because I made them." She said and without any word from Winter she put it on her desk smiling from ear to ear.

"Sure. Thanks and happy birthday by the way." Winter said and blushed. Hmm? I smell something fishy.

The girl then looked at me finally. Her eyes turned distant. I almost saw the frown in them. Disappointed girl? Well I'm just a friend..

"Who is she?" She asked. Uh? I'm here you know? You can ask me?

"This is Reyna." Winter said gesturing to me.

"Hi. I'm Reyna. Its nice to meet you." I said politely with a smile and offered my hand.

'Reign. Likewise." She said and shook my hand once with a force that shows her dislike. It was hard but I wasn't intimidated much to her disappointment.

After that encounter the day turned out good but Reign.. She's been glaring at me all day because I'm in the same group as Winter on our classes. She was my classmate but I didn't know. Obviouslyl right here likes Winter. I think she gots it all wrong though. I mean I don't like Winter. I like her sister. She should know that too.. but of course lately my sister has been dragging Summer to dates and stuff. I don't know what they're doing and leaving me alone with you guessed it, Winter.

I was about to close my locker when I felt someone behind me. I looked back and there was Reign holding her books.

"Listen here nerd. 'Cause I'll only say this once." She said.

I closed my locker door and fully faced her. She was frowning and by the looks of it she really doesn't like me.

"I always get what I want. So you and your nerdy glasses should stay the hell away from my Winter. Unless you want something bad to happen? Got that?"

I just nodded. I'm not scared of her cause I can take care of myself and I'm pretty much immuned to threats because I came from a family.. with an underground business. But whatever floats her boat just so I can reassure her somehow. Can't blow my cover on being a nerd.

"Good girl." She said with a pleasing smile and went away.

"Well that was something." My sister breathed out behind me.

I looked at her pointedly. How long has she been there? I mean did I zone out or something or was she here the whole time? I didn't notice. I swear sometimes she's like a ghost. Not announcing her presence and just sprouting like a mushroom out of nowhere.

"What?" She asks me.

"Nothing ate."

"Want me to bite her?" She suggested well more of a statement.

"She's just a girl."

"She just threatened you."

"She's practically all talk and harmless."

"A threat nevertheless."

"Whatever ate don't touch her she's Winters. Where's Summer? She's been gone since she went with you on the last period. You came back. She didn't." I said giving her a look and frowned. I know she's up to something.

"Oh. About that girl.. she's at one of  your stores." She said with a smirk. The smirk I've seen a million times that spells trouble. I frowned more as I realized what she just said.

"Wait what do you mean by that?!"