‍ ‍ "i'm sorry, koko. i'm very sleepy but go on, i'll listen to you." you excused, brushing your fingers through your hair. the room was dimly lit with a single light bulb, which was flickering every now and then as if it were about to run out of power, giving the atmosphere a scary, horror feel. a smile played at the edges of your lips as you watched the male fall back into his seat. takeomi seems to be done with the noise, getting out of the basement room, and already went to sleep since he said he has no time for this.

‍ ‍ "well, basically. i had this childhood friend of mine, his name is inupi and funny how he chased me through the whole street just because i broke his heels. he almost stopped being my friend cause seishu said i was annoying." kokonoi laughed.

‍ ‍ he seemed to be done talking and then soon after, you felt your eyelids grow heavy when rindou opened his mouth. you just can't help it, his voice is so soothing like a lullaby. you caught a glimpse of the two purple-haired glancing at you before a pure darkness consumed your vision, pure blackness.

‍ ‍ kokonoi's lips twitched upwards, resting his chin on his palm after he caught the younger haitani looking at you. "you're staring." he remarked, amused. he was used to this by now, though it still caused him a certain amount of euphoria. rindou had always seemed fascinated whenever he spoke, or even thought that it wasn't obvious, but he could tell. the white-haired male were observant like that, and it was endearing. "it's not my place to be in but isn't this feels weird? and rindou, what do you think about y/n?"

‍ ‍ "huh?"

‍ ‍ they shifted their gaze to you before back to rindou. this was going to be a long night. "come on, don't be ashamed. sanzu won't find about this if we can keep a secret, i already know that you're head over heels since you met her. is that why you aren't killing her?"

‍ ‍ "fuck off, stop meddling with my business." the purple-haired male huffed. he was never one to show emotions easily and he didn't like people prying on his private matters. his expression remained neutral however because of how kokonoi was teasing him, making fun of him for something that he couldn't control. "i'll kill her myself if she somewhat harms us. you might want to shut up now, i'm trying to concentrate." his tone sounded threatening and cold, but the words were sincere. despite being an asshole, and not having any good reputation, kokonoi understood how difficult it was for him to express these emotions.

‍ ‍ "oh well, i feel like she's hiding something. i mean she doesn't seem like she belongs there at all. she must have some hidden agenda behind all of this. if she's truly innocent, y/n wouldn't date sanzu unless she's being threathened to. what do you think?" kakucho questioned with a smirk, leaning close to him until only their faces were visible, watching as rindou's eyes widened slightly. his eyebrows furrowed into a deep frown, his jaw clenched and his brows knitted. the black-haired knew exactly how rindou felt right now. it was a dangerous thing to provoke a pissed off rindou. by then, rindoh was getting more and more curious about your existence. he was sure that you're hiding something from them, but he couldn't figure out what it was. "what if she'd only pretending that she likes him, so that she can get more information out of us. there's a guarantee that sanzu will take the bait."

‍ ‍ "you really think that?" rindou asked softly, his eyes trained on kakucho, the purple orbs reflecting a hint of anger. he sighed when the other simply nodded, turning away from the male to look at the girl sleeping soundly beside him. "maybe she's not lying, maybe she's not a bad person. maybe she's just... different." he murmured, his fingers gently caressing the soft skin of her cheek. he was surprised that you wetr so calm and peaceful while sleeping. he wondered if you were always like this. although he tried not to show it, his true emotion was creeping out.

‍ ‍ "what do you mean?" kokonoi's mouth formed an 'o' shape, pushing the topic more because once in a lifetime, the blond finally found something interesting again. rindou was usually quite moody, it was rare to see him showing his inner emotions or caring about someone else other than himself. "what do you mean she's different? i don't quite follow, you're always so harsh and sarcastic with the others when we wear pink outfits, you can be very rude to your own group. why are you suddenly so sweet and caring towards her? she looks like such a fragile doll, i wanted to pinch her."

‍ ‍ ‍ "to begin with, i have nothing to say... but ever since y/n appeared here... things have gotten so much easier for me. she's different from what i used to imagine her to be, so." he paused momentarily, his cheeks dusted pink in contrast to his pale complexion before taking in a deep breath when he remembered sanzu's words and what they implied about you. "i tried so hard to convince myself that she's klei but the way she speaks, moves, and acts, she's nothing similar to the girl i know." rindou mumbled. it was clear that you were special, to him, but it also meant that he had no idea who you actually were, not even your life. he admitted with a low voice, not daring to look up in fear of seeing a disgusted look on the other males face.

‍ ‍ ran sighed, finally deciding to open his mouth after a few hours of sitting quietly on his seat. the older male leaned forward against the table, his chin placed on top of both his hands as he stared down at you, "do you think we can trust her with our lives? if you really think that she has nothing to do with klei, i'll leave that matter aside...for now. as long as she doesn't do anything crazy to harm us, i trust y/n."