O23

AUTHOR

‍  ‍ ‍"i don't know what i am supposed to feel. happy because kokonoi's still alive? or, sad because he's in pain?" kakucho asked his friends as they all sat there with blank expressions, the words that once flowed freely onto his mouth were now stuck inside his head. a heavy guilt of air surrounded the room, the atmosphere around them didn't help any, making the mood more depressing than anything could. despite kokonoi's annoying attitude, which they all hated- they were terrified of what happened to him when they saw him unconscious inside the van. his body had been beaten severely, as well as his legs and back. the worse? his tongue was cut off. how did that happen? who did this to him? why didn't they killed him completely?

‍  ‍ ‍the purple-haired's conclusion, to suffer like this, he must've seen something— anything. the head of the valhalla, perhaps. not only his tongue were cut off, the male's hand too. if one thing was clear for everyone, it was that he wouldn't be waking up anytime soon. he looked like the dead, with pale skin, as his eyes remained closed, but somehow, the white haired's pulse still showed any vital signs. the group sat at the couch, guarding their comrade, waiting for any signs of any movement. none came. how long has it been since he was brought to the hospital? four days, or five? they couldn't remember but, they could vaguely remember what happened during the day they found him unconscious. kokonoi's face was badly banged up, his white haired was stained with blood whilst the red liquid oozing inside his mouth wasn't stopping, as blood had accumulated in every corner of his mouth. they felt sick thinking about it, but there wasn't anything he could do to stop it. and so, they stayed there the whole night at the hospital while their friend slept on. they'd seen so much death since their coming of age, a part of him would think it was just another thing to get used to, but this was different. it was awful, really horrible seeing your friend, whom you thought would be fine and healthy, like nothing ever wrong with him, hurt like that, unable to move, unable to open his eyes, and unable to speak... it was painful. the male was still alive, however. not a corpse yet, although he looked as if he was about to.

‍  ‍ ‍at least, he had some signs of life. even though it may be slight, it was there.

‍  ‍ ‍"what about y/n? any news from her?" the older haitani questioned, breaking the silence in the room, as he kept glancing out through the window. they weren't able to visit you from the hospital where you were confined in, due to the fact that your older brother was the one who was keeping an eye out. frankly, they wanted to respect your privacy until you recovered. they wanted to give you some space to recover yourself before entering into whatever situation they were currently in. they knew you weren't comfortable with people knowing anything about you right after everything that happened. well, it wasn't necessarily your fault, considering what happened, but, you could blame them if you chose to do so. they were still worried about you though.

‍  ‍ ‍rindou shrugged his shoulder, taking the last sip of the tea he was offered, "nothing new, she hasn't contacted me yet. i see her everyday, she just doesn't see me. she seems busy, busy dealing with the aftermath of what happened and i'm afraid she's dealing with some pretty hard emotions. y/n doesn't even acknowledges his sister and brothers presence." he sighed heavily, closing his eyes, letting himself enjoy the soft, warm feeling his cup provided. he took a small sip, then continued to sip. it was a nice taste of tea, sweet, slightly bitter, yet refreshing. the warmth spread through his entire being and made the cold seem like a bad dream. the purple-haired was grateful for having received that cup of tea and for enjoying its soothing effects.

‍  ‍ ‍"well, it's understandable, she's in a lot of pain right now. if i were her, i probably wouldn't feel safe around anybody. not anymore," the black-haired spoke, his eyes casted downwards as he ran a hand through his hair, messing it up in the process.