𝘼 𝙍𝙚𝙙 𝘿𝙚𝙢𝙤𝙣 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙌𝙪𝙞𝙚𝙩 𝙑𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙖𝙜𝙚

Start from the beginning

As she continued to run through the village to her destination, her small 'home', she thought back to the people who had raised her. They were people who were only looking out for her! Even though they usually chose to lock her up and hit her, it was because she deserved it! At least, that's what everyone told her.

The neglect she was put through and the trauma of losing her nii-san had changed her mindset slightly though, as she was only 3 the lack of love and affection she was shown quickly began to swallow her, often staring longingly at her 'parents' and her other 'sibling' as they happily sat together at the dinner table while she was left locked up, and if she was lucky they'd give her some bread and water in this little dog bowl they gave to her.

She knew they weren't her biological family, but she could pretend they were, even if it were for only a few seconds. They told her that themselves that she wasn't theirs and it was evident in their looks.

They were quite ugly if you asked her.

She generally seeked refuge with animals in the nearby forest and they often showed her where she could get water and listened to her. It was almost as if they understood what she was saying half the time.

As Elissa was nearly home, a group of older men were quick to spot her. They carried around bottles that she was too young to even understand what they contained. They called out to her as they giggled with pink cheeks and eyes.

"Hey, brat! Get over here!"

Elissa faced them as one waved to her in a friendly motion, she mainly thought they needed her for something. She craved for any sort of attention as she desperately ran towards them with pleading eyes, only to be met with a smack to the head so forceful it knocked her over.

They eyed her small body as she attempted to sit up, ignoring the fact that they all stared at her with horrid grins, she faced them will a forced smile of her own as she ignored the pain. After all, nii-san always said to smile through the pain and everything will eventually be alright.

"You fucking demon really had to be in this village of all places

"You fucking demon really had to be in this village of all places." One of the men slurred his words as he scoffed, "Its as if God is punishing us for no reason. The only way we can live freely again is for you to die, right?" She looked at him, deciding not to speak as usually it agitated people even more.

"Not gonna say anything, huh? Pathetic." Another mocked, spitting on her as he reached for something in his back pocket, only to reveal a sharp pocket knife.

" Another mocked, spitting on her as he reached for something in his back pocket, only to reveal a sharp pocket knife